Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While rubbing Booger last night before bed I started to think: If cats could hold jobs, what would his career be? I decided research scientist would be most likely. He's pretty timid when first meeting people (this disqualifies most service related careers), but warms up quickly (so he could eventually work in a team in a lab). He's not *so* timid that he'd have to be locked in the back room on a computer all day. He is also very methodical and routine oriented, both positives for a career in scientific research. He also has above average intelligence.

Anyway I'd be interested to hear, based on your experiences with your cat(s), what career would they most likely pursue?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Video game tester or tail remover.He drags my Wii remote away from me and won't let me touch it And any animal with a tail will have their tail attacked(I think he has jealousy issues).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Apollo would probably be a spoiled movie star. He loves being the center of attention and is always engaging in ridiculous antics to get that attention. He enjoys excitement in his life and can be very demanding. He'd probably work in action roles, where he can get the most thrill and glamor.

Athena would probably be an eccentric artist. She's a little shy, a little clumsy, and a little spacey about the world around her. She's fairly methodical about her tasks when she's focusing on them, but is so scatterbrained that she gets distracted easily, and loves observing the world around her. She and I actually seem to have a lot in common, and I'm an artist so I guess that works. :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Nurse at a mental hospital. He's friendly and outgoing with people. If anyone around him is upset or stressed he works hard to soothe. Tears bring him running from wherever he is and he won't stop purring and squeaking and snuzzling until they stop. If there are any arguments he gets himself into the middle of it and tries to diffuse the situation.

He's totally into his schedule and daily regimen. God help the person who tries to interrupt that schedule. Messes are not tolerated. Dirty laundry on the floor has him circling and pawing at it in disgust or spills in the kitchen are covered up with the throw rug if they aren't wiped up fast enough. He's definitely got a touch of Nurse Ratched in him.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Cleo would be a sexy little bouncer. Doesn't put up with crap from anyone. Oh, you can try to suck up to her, but it doesn't mean you're going to get in the door. She decides who's in and who's out. Nevermind what anyone else says, she's the Decider.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Pumpkin would be an extreme survivalist. She has quick reflexes, tunes into & catches bugs before anyone else even notices them, doesn't mind a bit of water or cold weather, she's petite but solid muscle, and she's naturally super curious and high-energy.

Simone would be a conspiracy theorist because he is very distrustful of new people and things. He is a pretty smart cat, but he is ruled by his "flight" response!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Abby would be a lawyer...she's always looking for an angle or a loophole in the rules. Muffs is so sweet, gentle and kind. She would be a nun.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Maggie would be the cat on the Enterprise. She's loves to go places where no cat has gone before. She's a fearless adventurer at heart and loves to take physical risks.

Kobi would be the classic underachiever, a big bully who is self centered and none too bright. He would be fired from any job he might get for being late, having a bad attitude, not getting along with his co-workers and not following directions.

I have to think more about Holly....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hersh--food taster for people afraid of being poisoned, or preferably, for a chef in a restaurant. Alternatively, he would be in pest control.

Little Hersh--a cruise ship activities director. He gets along with absolutely everyone and loves to play. He also would likely choose to be a food taster, were it his choice.

Blizzy--detective, if we could keep him on the right side of the law, but more likely a professional burglar. Both professions require keen powers of observation, quick but methodical thinking, and are aided by giving the appearance of choir boy innocence, leading to underestimation of his abilities.

Snowby--a Walmart greeter, provided nose nuzzling was within the rules. She's happy to see people, almost any person, as opposed to any cat, which leads to the opposite reaction. She also would be pleased to accept the position of lap warmer, which is not recognized as a profession but should be, in her opinion.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Cali and Charlee would be a couple of grifters. One would distract you and the other would lift your wallet. But they'd be so charming while they did it.

Seriously. They must be the reason I have no money.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Layla could've easily taken over for George Bush, Jr. She puts on an act of competency but when confronted with any real responsibility prefers to hide under the bed and since she is 5 months old and still can't produce any more than a "squeak" her vocabulary range is obviously very limited.

Or she could be a model, again based on these same personality traits. Sometimes the only positive thing about her is that she is photogenic; she's flighty, caddy, dependent on others, and would probably be incapable of preforming the smallest of tasks like going to the grocery store alone or balancing a checkbook. But ****, is she cute!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hersh--food taster for people afraid of being poisoned, or preferably, for a chef in a restaurant. Alternatively, he would be in pest control.

Little Hersh--a cruise ship activities director. He gets along with absolutely everyone and loves to play. He also would likely choose to be a food taster, were it his choice.

Blizzy--detective, if we could keep him on the right side of the law, but more likely a professional burglar. Both professions require keen powers of observation, quick but methodical thinking, and are aided by giving the appearance of choir boy innocence, leading to underestimation of his abilities.

Snowby--a Walmart greeter, provided nose nuzzling was within the rules. She's happy to see people, almost any person, as opposed to any cat, which leads to the opposite reaction. She also would be pleased to accept the position of lap warmer, which is not recognized as a profession but should be, in her opinion.
You've really honed in on great careers for your kitties, methinks. I love your comment about Blizzy "if we could keep him on the right side of the law," that's very descriptive!

Cali and Charlee would be a couple of grifters. One would distract you and the other would lift your wallet. But they'd be so charming while they did it.

Seriously. They must be the reason I have no money.
Picturing Cali and Charlee working in tandem to lift a wallet is just too cute!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if it is a "job" per se but Buddy would have a sugar momma keeping him in the style to which he thinks he deserves. Constant petting, playing, and treats. Wait, he has me for that. . .

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
My miss emma mottlely(dilute calico) performs the job of night watchman from sunset to evening feeding she is watching the back patio for any animals that may appear, in the morning she is the alarm clock, head bumps my pillow untill I wake up(but at correct time)

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
This is so funny!

Murphy would be a talk show host. First he'd do a monologue ("mrrrrrppp? trillllllllllllllllll..........rim shot"). Then he'd hold conversations with guests, interrupted frequently with him jumping on one arm of the couch, bounce to the other, then back down to his seat.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts