Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 8 months I will be getting my first breeder queen kitten. This will be her mother, Calcatta Kahlua of Koppiekatz pictured here:

I love her large vivid markings, and her head is so perfect! Hopefully her kittens will inherit her gorgeous face/markings and the studs' rosettes

·
Registered
560 Posts
Whooo! Such a beautiful cat! Do you have a picture of the stud too? I hope you get the purrfect girl for your cattery. I love those spots... I wonder how they bred them into the cats? I guess it's something I'll have to look up - pretty cats though.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
They were originally bred with a wild animals, I cant remember which off the top of my head, someone here will know tho.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bengals are hybrids of the Asian Leopard Cat, a small non-violent wild cat. Non-violent meaning they run fom danger when they are scared instead of fighting.

I do not know who the stud will be as of yet. Kahlua just had her first litter (6 kittens, all boys) so she will not be able to be bred again for quite some time. It will probably be more along the lines of 10-12 months before I actually get the kitten.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That must be so exciting to be starting a cattery!! The mom looks gorgeous. Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hey, Payge, where do you live? When you get your cattery up and running I want to come visit!! Are you close to me? :D :D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Payge, of course! I remember now :) Sorry, sometimes I have the memory of a 90 year old :oops: :roll: Anyway, hooray!!! I am only about an hour and a half from Reno, and we go there all the time :D :D :D Whenever you get your cattery up and running, I am definately going to want to pay you a visit, if it's OK!! :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Payge, the mother looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! It'll be great to see how her babies will look like. But can we wait that long? *sigh* Oh I guess we can. Whooo hooo for your Cattery! (what are you going to call it?)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ianthe said:
Whenever you get your cattery up and running, I am definately going to want to pay you a visit, if it's OK!! :D :D :D :D :D
That means she wants to come visit (put your house under a telescope) - and buy/steal a spotty fur ball. =P J/K Ianthe.

It's interesting to find out about how breeds look - the shapes of their heads - the spots or stripes - what makes them look pretty and special. I'd love to run a cattery later - but I want to put some thought into it - what kind of work I'll need to do - research - etc... to make sure it's right for me. I just love cats though... even if I never become a breeder - I'll always love my babies.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Gabreilla Moushigo Wrote:

That means she wants to come visit (put your house under a telescope) - and buy/steal a spotty fur ball. =P J/K Ianthe.
Darn it, Gabreilla, you're on to me 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cyberpet, unsure right now, my Fiance and I have a list of about 30 different names. Its a lot harder coming up with a name then I thought it would be! Ianthe- of course its ok! Will be a long time away though, we have to buy a house, the Queen needs a long time to recover from the litter she just had, and then when the kitten is 12 weeks old (IF she produces a quality girl) I STILL gotta wait until shes a year old, then I gotta wait for the kittens to actually be born....whole lotta waiting going on!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Envy is only pet quality,she is not suitable for breeding. Also, I do not have a breeder agreement for her, she is also spayed :D You cannot (in good conscience) breed a cat unless you have the papers stating they are a breeder.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
So soon...wow! Everyone else thinks it's too far away I see, but I remember you saying that you wanted to start one in a year or two so that you could do the research, find a mentor, etc. Looks like you're going to be buried in research for the next 8-10 months!!! haha. Good luck, Payge...I hope your kitties are gorgeous.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts