Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...where would it be?

This is about a fantasy!! Pretend that money, jobs, family, etc. are not considerations. Pretend that you are free to go anywhere you wanted, right now. :D

Pack your bags!! Where would you go? Why? What would you do there?

I have lots of favorite places, but at this moment, I would choose Hawaii. :D

I was there as a child and haven't been back. I would love to be warm, swim in the ocean, and hike through the rainforests. Ahhh.... :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've always wanted to just take a couple of months and go to the British Isles. Just from what I have seen on TV and in pictures, it looks like the entire place is just totally gorgeous. I've always been the "outdoorsy" type, and I think hiking those areas would be awesome.

·
Registered
991 Posts
America. I could go anytime, but I never get a chance really. This year I'm going to proberly be staying there for a few months :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Gt. Britain, definitely! I would visit my cousiins in Devonshire and Glasgow, "accidentally" drop in at all of our British members' homes right around dinner time (steak and kidney pie, please, or roastbeef and Yorkshire pudding), meet my dear IM friend in Leicester, visit Stonehenge and the ruins of Camelot in the south of England, and tour the castles in both England and Scotland. Of course I have to see the changing of the guard and the Tower of London to have a glimpse at the Crown Jewels. I'll wave at her Majesty for all of you, cross the Thames by means of the Tower Bridge, and head north.

There , I'll also have to stop off at Loch Ness and say "hi" to Nessie and sit in the heather and think of my mother when she was a young girl. I'll look at the Rocky Coasts and the beauty of the gardens and the very green grass and understand why Mom and Dad called it "home." It pulls at my heart too! It must stay in the blood. :)

Then I'll sneak over to Italy with Parker, because I studied Roman and Greek mythology also. In third and fourth year Latin we read the Iliad and the Odyssey and the Aeneid in Latin. And, as a singer, I'd love to go to La Scala! Ah, it's going to be great! (Don't tell Lisa I cheated and took a side trip! :wink: ) I'll have to visit Covent Gardens on the way home--by means of a luxury liner. It's nice to have unlimited resources. Thanks, Lisa!

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Back to Zermatt Switzerland! Awesome place.

Hiking and skiing are wonderful

No cars are allowed. Just a few electric carts to carry stuff to hotels.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Chalk up another vote for Australia from me. I would like to visit Western Australia as well as the Outback. I hear the city of Broome is really beautiful. In the Outback, I would love to travel the Gunbarrel Highway, photograph Uluru (Ayer's Rock) at first light, and see the most remote sections of the Outback under a clear blue sky. And seeing the Southern Cross and other southern hemisphere constellations without any form of "light pollution" would be wonderful.

Another thing I would like to do in Australia is to have my photo taken while standing at a sign marking the location of the Tropic Of Capricorn.

But most importantly, I would love to visit the near ghost town of Wittenoom while in Australia. From what I have seen on the net, the scenery at Wittenoom is truly exceptional! And it would be a real treat to associate with the few people that remain in Wittenoom.

One thing is for sure. The 30 hour flight would probably bore me unmercifully! But when I got home, my film processing bill would easily run a couple hundred dollars!!! :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts