Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received some expected, but extremely sad news. My husband's co-worker's wife just lost her 3 year battle with cancer. She leaves behind her husband of 16 years and three young children.
I have no doubt that their strong faith will get them though this, as it got them though the painful procedures and events that any fight with cancer involves.
Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
cancer

My thoughts and prayers go with them, cancer is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. I know how sad things are when someone you love is diagnosed with cancer. You don't even have to know the person to be sad about it.

Best of wishes to her family, may she rest in peace

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike said:
You neglected to give us her name, but I trust God will know who we are praying for
I know, but I hesitate to give a lot of specific info online.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have been sick the last few days and just now saw this.....but I wanted to send my sincere condolances and let you know I am praying for her and her family. :(

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Ianthe! Hope you feel better. :)
We went to the wake last night and my husband is going to the funeral with his co-workers today. She was just way too young. :cry:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Lori, my condolences to everyone who knew her. Cancer is a very harsh disease. I am thankful for the family's strong faith as that is what will get them through this, knowing that God will comfort them and that He will hold their mother/wife in His loving arms.

I know that it is such a cliche to say that she no longer suffers, but it is the truth. Knowing that helps so much.

My prayers and thoughts to the family.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I agree with mismodliz. I'm sure her family and friends were praying for her suffering to end; for her to overcome her battle with cancer. God couldn't make her cancer go away, but he was able to take her into his arms, and end her pain and suffering. I pray that her family and friends see that and that it will help them overcome their grief.

Death at a young age is never easy to handle, but I believe if you put your grief and trust into God, he will help you get through the toughest times.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your kind words.
emrldsky, their faith is very strong. I think it's the only thing that got them though these past few years and all that will get her husband and children though this period. Her husband has said that she did not fear death and looked forward to meeting the Lord. Her only regret was not being about to spend more time with her family and not being able to watch her children grow up.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
God bless her family. I'm sure she is in God's arms now, where there is no pain and no sorrow. It's so kind of you to ask for prayer for the family, Lori. It's a great comfort to know that people are praying for you. It warms the heart.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I hope you are holding up Ok, Lori.

I hate cancer (who doesn't). :twisted: My grandma, one of my best friends, died a few years ago of Breast Cancer. She was only 56. :cry: She had SUCH a long and difficult battle....it is just not fair. She used to wear a shirt she had custom made that said "Cancer Sucks". I think that about sums it all up. :?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words, Jeanie. :)

Ianthe, you are so sweet! I am doing fine, just disgusted how this awful disease keep taking all these great people in the prime of life. Or any time really. Cancer is terrible whether you are one year old or 91 years old. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts