Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you won the lottery--I mean the BIG one for many millions, what would you do for yourself and family?

Of course we'd all give to our favorite charities, but what would you want, and what would you do--with almost limitless funds?[/b]

·
Registered
35 Posts
With limitless funds, I would be the leaning post for local animal shelters and rescues to pay for their vet bills, food bills, housing, etc. etc.
Would love to have the cash to turn my home and yard into animal wonderland lol! Posts/ramps/tunnels through the walls/huge, creative outdoor cat and rabbit run/everything a cat, dog, or rabbit could ever dream of :)
Would love to have a paradise for my pets! :)
Would also provide the funds to have larger places for shelter animals to live.....My first and formost would definetley any fundings to give the shelter animals a happy time even without the love of an owner....
Next would be spoiling my pets to bits :)
That's about it though....unfortunately shelters will always need funding....Whatever I could not use would be put away for future shelter bills.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Oooh a good question that I love to think about. The thing I would want to do more than anything is buy my parents' house for them (it's almost paid off) and get them a condo near a golf course (for my dad) in a small town with everything easily accessible (for my mom). I would hire a housekeeper for my grandmother -- someone sweet and cheery but not too invasive, to help her with my grandpa, errands, and to keep her company. I'd buy her a dog to be a dear companion for her, and with the housekeeper that would take care of the reason my grandma doesn't already have a dog. ;) I would also pay off my brother's house so that he could spend his paychecks on things for himself and his son, and take vacations.

For me I would buy a house. It's what I want more than anything for myself -- the perfect house on the perfect land with the perfect location. Beyond that, I would spoil myself rotten and take a trip to Italy or Australia.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we would all give to the shelters and start our own. That's why I asked what you would do personally. :)

I would definitely redo the house, although I think it would be necessary to build elsewhere. I think we would need the security of living on a larger estate, with gates, etc. I would definitely have beautiful gardens, which I would care for as much as possible. I would need a gardner, though.

I would want a tennis court, and the local schools would be allowed to use it for special matches. (Otherwise whom can I watch play?) I'll ask Agassi and other stars to come also. They could give seminars...and I'd get to watch Agassi play. I'd want Connors and MacEnroe too, of course. Maybe I should have a skating rink and do the same thing, holding tournaments for charity. (and me!)

I would travel. I think Yosemite, the Redwood forest and other national parks would be first. Then I would go to the United Kingdom, and Rome would be next. I studied Latin for so long that I want to see the Appian Way and the Colosseum! I would visit the great Opera Houses all over the world. I'm sure there MUST be one in Tahiti! :wink:

When I do well, my loved ones do well. There's no question about that. They would be my first priority, and, as I sad, charities (churches, the poor, colleges,medical research, and animals, etc.) are a given! Perhaps I could have an endangered animal sanctuary, and finally get to hug a baby tiger!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting....
However there is not much else I would do :)
However mine was spent it would go into animals/paying off my bills....

Not much else I would be interested in putting it into :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Aside from the charities, giving to church, etc.
Definately we would get a nice house and I would hire someone to come clean it! We would get nicer cars, but nothing over the top. I can spend my money on better things. :D
I would want help pay for my sister-in-law's education, although I don't know if she would accept the money. She is really struggling right now.
I also would want to help pay for my brother's girlfriend's education. She also does not know how she is going to pay for school.
I think I would like to pay for everyone in the family to go on vacation together...my mom would actually like to do this someday...just have everyone go on a cruise together.
I'd also like to travel with my husband. Depending on how much money we had, maybe buy a vacation home?
A lot would go into savings.
There is the problem that I do not actually play the lottery... :?

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've played twice! Every ten years, whether I need it or not!

However, you reminded me of something! I want a big Winnebago so that we can take side trips to all of the beautiful sights off the driven path! I agree that I would want a newer car, but as you said, Shannon, not over the top. :)

On my world trip, I will take the new ocean liner, The QEll, I believe. I don't want to fly over the ocean. I have flown on a number of occasions, but I don't think I would want to take a long trip by air. Well, I'd have a great time on the QEll. My mom took me to Scotland on a liner, but I was only 18 months old. :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'd build the house I designed. I'd invest a good sum of it through a friend who can turn 100 into 1400. then with the rest, well I don't know what I'd do... probably fund a movie or something

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would buy the largest houseboat that Gibson can build, and have them build it as "catproof" as possible (non-skid fiberglass instead of wood, replaceable rugs instead of carpets), and spend the rest of my days just cruising the intercoastal waterways of the USA, me, Cabela d'Dog and the cats. Of course there are the charities and such, but thats the big wishful plans for myself. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
I know you asked what we would do personally aside from charities, but this is what I would want to personally do if I had the funds to do so. Apart from paying off my mum's mortgage and paying off all my families debts, I would move to Rwanda and set up a foster home there. I would set up self-sustaining programmes and provide a service that would ensure they recieved all the help and support that they needed.

I will eventually, but obviously funds prohibit me from doing so right now.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
First I'd hire security protection for all of my pets! Don't want anyone thinking they can get ransom money out of me!!!!! (okay, so I'm a little twisted, but seriously I'd be afraid for my loved ones safety...)
Then, I'd go buy myself a nice big ocean front house on a private beach somewhere so I could go diving and sailing whenever I wanted to. Plus my "water" dogs could finally actually go into the water :lol:
Of course, being practical, I'd have to hire a financial planner to make sure I didn't blow through all the money in a few years!
I'd quit my job, but still do some type of volunteer work-I couldn't handle doing nothing.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would buy my mom a house and a new car. I would buy me a nice big farm house with lots of land. I would start a wildlife sactuary and take care of sick, injured, and orphaned wild critters ( that is my dream :) ). Of course I would take in animals like cats, dogs, and parrots too. Other than that I can't think of anything else I would want to do with the money.
Animals and my family is what is important to me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'd pay off my house and then my hubby and i have already decided that it will go to his parents. Then we'd build our dream house on 30 acres of land. Despite his protests there would be a cat room, specially designed for them. Then we'd figure a way other than the norm to get preggos and start our nonfur family. I'd pay off my brother's debt, my debt, and joey's parents. I would also buy my grandparents house and make sure they will have enough moola to stay there for the rest of their lives. that way the house couldn't be sold and torn down to make room for a bigger land eating house. Depending on how much was won in the lottery I'd probably give a million to my brother, brother-in-law, my uncle, joey's parents, joey's uncles, my mom, probably to my three closest friends. And I would get the one car that I really want: My 64.5 Mustang Convertible!!!!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
First and foremost -- I'd marry my girlfriend -- and fly both families and friends to hawaii for 2 weeks for the wedding.

Then it's a nice house, and new cars for both of us -- and then it's pay off any friends and families outstanding bills.

I'd also build an indoor speed skate rink in the backyard where my gf's speed skating team could practice all they want whenever for free.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well assuming it's mutliple millions and not just one million, and after I donate to charity, church and pet places and perhaps start my own and buy a new car for my mom..... I would:

1) Move back to NorCal
2) Buy a new car for me.
3) Buy a house - after taxes, one million wouldn't get you much, which is why I assume multiple millions. 8)
4) Build an outdoor enclosure at said house where cats could roam and lounge in the sun and drink from fountains with fish. :)
5) Quit my job and get a PT job that is less stressful.
6) Buy new clothes.
7) Buy season tickets for hockey (Sharks)
8 ) Buy season tickets for baseball (A's and some Giants)
9) Buy season tickets for football (Niners)
10) Go to more concerts.
11) Buy a waverunner.
12) Hire a masseuse to come to the house twice a week.
13) Hire a cleaning lady.
14) Hire an accountant to pay my bills.

:D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I would pay off the debts of all of my family and close friends and give them a little play money. Definately do some traveling. Build my dream home. Adopt more kitties and spoil them rotten. Give money to charities.

Give up my job. I would do lots and lots of volunteering and maybe go back to school just to keep learning. Go to a spa for like a week and get tones of massages etc. Buy a subaru forester for myself and a volkswagon golf for my boyfriend. Buy new clothes, shoes and jewelry.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would pay my parents' house off, and buy them both new vehicles and probably pay them out of debt. We would give my fiance's sisters money to go to college, and give my brother and sister money to spend either on college or a new car. For myself:

1) Build a house either in my home town or somewhere within a few hours of my home town with lots of acreage
2) Pay off my car
3) Go on a huge vacation
4) Pay off the credit card bill
5) Start a no-kill kitty rescue with my own facilities separate from the house that have "luxury" kitty living quarters with an outdoor enclosed run.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Pay off all debts for myself and my bf, and our families. Give them money to live well. Get everyone new cars. Build a dream home and probably move out of state. Build an amazing kitty enclosure outside. Invest most of it so we could possibly live off the interest. Go shopping!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts