Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My job fell through, so I've got $200 to see me through the next who-knows-how-long :( I've always fed Rotten her Science Diet Sensitive Stomach, but it's been a long time since she's had a bad stomach and I thought maybe I could get away with a food that's ten dollars cheaper per bag. ($5 for 3 lbs instead of $15 for 3 lbs)

Bad me :(

She was so sad cleaning her poor bottom earlier, and crying...I dumped out her food bowl and waited half an hour for Petco to open so I could get her proper food. Never again will I feed her anything but Sensitive Stomach formula :oops: I got her a new mousie and some catnip, too, which seemed to chear her up :) But my poor Rotten...I hope she forgives me!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I know where you are coming from. I have 3 cats and all 3 eat different foods. miss chloe eats Hill's prescription CD and has since she was a wee kitten. Buddy eats Hill's prescription DD because he has food allergies and that stuff costs over $3.00 per pound. Willie can eat anything but he prefers Friskies in the pouches.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I had the same thought as you seem to be having, which is that of all the things we could cut back on for the kitties, like toys, catnip, cat trees, etc., the one thing I shouldn't cut back on is quality of food. It'll save us vet bill money in the long run, and it's more vital to their well-being than anything else.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Kitties are very forgiving, TQ! Rotten knows you love her, and she'll forgive you. She probably already has. :patback

Sorry to hear about your job. Can you get unemployment? What about Sonic, McDonald's, or Burger King? Or a department store? Or a job as a security guard? Those might not be the best jobs, but they'll bring in a few dollars. If there's a flea market, you could make some crafts and rent a table there, too. In some areas flea market sales take a dramatic upturn during the holidays. :wink:
(((HUGS)))

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Aww, I am sorry you are facing such hard times. Rotten understands that you are doing the best that you can. The economy now is so bad that many people are having to make hard choices. I hope that things get better for you quickly.

((((HUGS))))

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She seems to still love me :D But after Christmas, I'm not sure if she will :( I'm about to become a worse mom. My father (whom I haven't met since I've moved to this side of the country) is paying for a ticket for me to come visit...I'd leave Christmas Eve and come back Saturday. I'm gonna die! That leaves Rotten alone for two full days! Okay...put that way...it's not the full "four days" that I keep thinking of it as...she likes the cold...the house doesn't GET very cold...she's not likely to freeze to death in my absence...the house won't be colder just because I'm not there...I'll be there Christmas Eve & Saturday, so it really IS just two days alone...but...but...but...

how on earth does ANYONE just leave there cats for a few days? My heart's breaking :(

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It's a dilemma isn't it? We left Jimmy on his own for 2 days on a couple of occasions. He was fine in terms of eating/drinking/litter tray etc. But he really didn't like it because being an indoor/outdoor cat he was very frustrated at not being able to get out. Our downstairs neighbour told us he could hear Jimmy yowling :oops: He even went to check the communal bin cupboard as he thought Jimmy might have got trapped in there!
Also, the darn cat pulled up the hall carpet behind the door in his efforts to dig his way out. So when we got back we had could hardly get in the door as the carpet had jammed it all up.
Not long after that we took up the carpet anyway - due to Jimmy having wrecked it by scratching and puking 8O

BUT the main thing is that although this all inconvenienced His Majesty it didn't harm him in any way, and after giving us a good telling off when we got back, he was fine. So you go ahead and enjoy your Christmas break!

seashell

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I hear you. I would have a huge problem leaving him alone for 2 days too, except that people seem to do it. The non-cat fanatics don't seem to worry about it. So I bet it'll be just fine. The person you have to work on is yourself. (Easier said than done!) :(

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
TQ, I think you're worry certainly is noble. But Rotten will be fine. Two days isn't that long for a kitty. They don't count the days or hours the same way we do. :patback
Just put out an extra litter box, if you can. Kitties do like to have clean litterboxes. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts