Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is seriously bumming me out. I knew I was allergic to rats, but then tonight I was holding Martin and he lightly scratched me. Instant hives :(

I love my little guys so much. Since I rescued them from a friend (they were given as birthday gifts :evil:), they've become so sweet and social. Martin is especially friendly, but even Chuck will climb into my hand for a treat.

Guess I'll have to be more careful about handling them from now on...and wear long sleeves.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Awe thats gottan suk :( Ive had quite a few mice before and ther just sooo adoreable, This one mouse i had, i swear she was way smarter than my dog, she'd come when she was called staight away, unlike my dog lol. Yea im allergic to my guineapig, whenever i cuddle her i get an ichy rash, but that cant stop me lol. Yea just wear long sleves and it shouldnt be much of a problem, id love to see pics of your mice :)

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same way I manage with the mice. When I want to play with them, I close the bedroom door and keep the cats out. Otherwise, I'll be standing when I hold them, and the cats can't get anywhere near the little guys.

When the mice are in their bin cages, the cats love to sit and watch them. The mice could honestly care less, they'll even come right over to the side and stare at the kitties :lol:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I am a new rattie Mom and I am sooooo HAPPY!
THey are the sweetest little creatures...
If I was not so far away...I would glady take your mice from you.

*ambulance on the way for Emma_pen who has now just fainted :lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
i love mice and rats. i have 9 rats right now :D

in case you didnt know, there is a forum for rats and mice www.rmca.org its a great forum the people there are awesome. its a great place to go with any questions, or just to talk about the mice :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love rodents! But......my husband is terrfied of them! He says it has to do with their tails....oh well I do enjoy looking at them and hearing about other people's little furry friends!

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a rare photo of the highly elusive Chuck (squeakus domesticus)

Here we see him taking pieces of paper towel tubing to line his nest. His alert stance and raised foot tells us he is keen to the presence of his nemesis: humanis photographus.

:lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love ratties and mice are so cute.....I am quite allergic to them myself. I break out in hives and instant asthma from rats...we had quite few over the years but I finally had to give up since the allergies to them continued to get worse and worse to the point I couldn't even be near them let alone hold them. I'm sorry you have allergies to your mice. Big bummer. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts