Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister's water broke early this morning. Her contractions were pretty irregular earlier this day, but seem to be more regular now (from what my mom says). I was at the hospital with her earlier. Now I'm at her house taking care of her dog. Which is the biggest help I can be. Last thing she needs to be worrying about is her first baby (her dog). So I'll be off to the hospital again in a little while. Hopefully baby Noah will be here tonight!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Congratulations!!! Hope everything goes well!!! :D

I love the name Noah, BTW.....we are considering for ours if it is a boy. :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this does make me a first time Aunt :) and Yes Noah is a boy!

Noah was born at 10:45 PM. He is 7lbs 10oz 20 inches. Both my sis and the baby are doing well. After an hour of pushing his heart rate was starting to fall a little (during the pushing) She would go to a 2 and then back to 0.....so they did a c-section. The cord was wrapped which was why he couldn't seem to go any farther than he was. He is beautiful and healthy!

I'm so excited!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone :) I haven't taken any pictures yet. I decided to not visit today. My mom takled to them and they hadn't slept basically at all. Plus there were people visiting all day. My parents are going to visit tonight. I asked them to send my love and tell them I would be there tomorrow, that I wanted to let them try and get some rest. My mom is staying at my sisters, but she still needs help with the dog. So I went and took care of my sisters dog.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Aw congratualtions Aunty Shelly - being an aunty and not a mum myself I can tell you that being an aunty pretty much rocks :D (and just remember that despite what the parents think, babies are never too young for a drum kit!!) :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure your sister really appreciates what you are doing. It's nice of you to think of them and their needs first even though I'm sure you'd like to go see the baby. But I'm sure there will be TONS of times when you can go see him in the future....and even babysit. :wink:
P.S. Being an aunt ROCKS! Just wait till he learns to speak and call you Aun' Shelly. Your heart will melt. :D

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Congrats, Auntie!! I agree, being an aunt is a lot of fun. I never had any desire to be a mom, but I do enjoy my brothers' kids. It is the best of both worlds: enjoy them and them send them home with their parents. :wink:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baby Noah came home yesterday and all is well. My sister has a 12 year old dalmatian and he is adjusting very well. She told me today any time Noah makes a peep he looks at my sister like....did you hear that????

He is strong he was already lifting his head and checking things out his 2nd day

1 - 20 of 28 Posts