Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol:

For some reason, I find more stray animals, birds with hurt wings, lost possums, and turned-around turtles than anyone I know. :roll:

I have found a lost kitten. She seems to be about 5 weeks old. She's obviously a stray, covered with fleas, very thin. I have two questions for you guys:

(1) It's Sunday and the vet is closed. This kitty's eyes are really gummy with cold and mucus. I've been trying to clean them with a warm cloth, but they just gum right back up again. Any thoughts as to what this might be?

(2) I enjoy my kitty Kali's company so much that I had been thinking about getting another kitty, so it was kind of like Providence that I found this kitty. But I'm not sure she's the kitty for me. I don't feel the same sort of bond with her that I immediately felt with Kali. I know I'm not being entirely fair when I say that, but I just don't I just can't make up my mind. I would feel like the worst sort of heel if I took her to the shelter and then turned around and adopted another kitten. Do you guys know what I mean? I really don't know what to do. :? :?

**by the way, the stray kitty is a tortoiseshell female

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately the decision was taken out of my hands. :(

I belatedly remembered that the vet at the animal shelter was open on Sundays and I took the kitty in because it seemed to have a lot of trouble breathing. The vet said that the kitty was too young and sick to survive so they would have to put her down immediately. I didn't even know they did that.

So poor little kitty has crossed the bridge now, and I know she's happy there. I know how didactic this is going to sound, but examples like this are why it's so important to have your pet spayed or neutered! :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.