Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Congrats!

I became an uncle 3 years ago. (My neice turns 3 tomorrow.) It's a pretty cool feeling, isn't it?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
That is so fun!! :)
I am an aunt of four, my brother has two daughters and my husband's brother has a son and daughter.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are experts! So, what kinds of stuff does a good aunt do? I want to be cool but I also want him to think I'm a nut, heh.

I'm still kinda weirded out about it. I'm kinda sad too since my brother is miles and miles away in Canada and I'm in Tennessee :/ I won't get to see him until Christmas.

·
Registered
656 Posts
tanyuh said:
You guys are experts! So, what kinds of stuff does a good aunt do? I want to be cool but I also want him to think I'm a nut, heh.

I'm still kinda weirded out about it. I'm kinda sad too since my brother is miles and miles away in Canada and I'm in Tennessee :/ I won't get to see him until Christmas.
Usually free babysitting, but that would not work for you since you are so far away. Congrats btw.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congrats! I'm just getting used to being an aunt myself! (Hannah, my sister's first baby, is almost 2 months already!!!)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I am an aunt of 7...and I'm only 23!!!

Briana - 13, oldest sister to Kaitlyn, Johnathan and Mr.
Kaitlyn - 9, middle girl (counting both brothers' children together)
Johnathan - 7, oldest boy (^^^^)
Alex - 7, only a few months younger than Johnathan
Toby - 5, Alex's brother
Matthew (Mr, as we call him) - 4, youngest boy, Johnathan's brother
Stormy - under 1 year, youngest overall.

I haven't seen Briana in over 4 years and am just now getting back in touch with her. I've missed out on so many "aunt" years with her, but I think things will work out fine. You just spoil the kids rotten and then send them home. It's better if you go with their grandma so she can foot the bill. ;)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Congratulations, Aunt Tanny!

I'm becoming an official aunt next month when I get married - Eric has two beautiful nieces, 3 and 8, who are going to be our flower girls. His mom wrote "Aunt Tina" on one of my shower gifts - I loved it!

I hope the nieces and nephews on my side hold off for awhile; I can't say that my sister and brother are ready. 8O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts