Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morse was hanging out above my head on the couch grooming himself. Apparently when he finished, he decided I needed to be groomed as well, and started licking my hair. Maybe he just likes my shampoo, but I was super surprised by it. LOL!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Mine never do, but one day I washed my hair after a long time (I had been sick) and Prince seemed to love it, he licked my locks.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
When I sleep in (and breakfast is late), my Sassy wakes me up by licking my hair :p Sometimes she also does it while we're playing, but then she takes offense if I try to move before she's finished. She'll put both her paws on my head and flex her claws against my scalp if I dare try to squirm away - she never actually hurts me, she's just so darn bossy when she thinks my hair is dirty!

·
Registered
365 Posts
CeCe likes to lick my hair when I'm in bed - oddly, that's the only time she does it. It's funny, because my hair is very long, curly, and fairly coarse in texture - so when she gives a little lick, it sticks to her tongue, and she has to do this weird "chewing" type of motion to get it off her tongue - but it doesn't stop her from licking again. Lol. I suspect she's learned it's the quickest way to wake me up AND get me moving (I don't want her to eat my hair and have it cause her issues, so I HAVE to).

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think it is as much liking your shampoo or body wash as it is to rescent you. My newest cat will always wrap herself around my legs when I exit from the bathroom, after a shower, in my robe. Before shower she will sometimes wrap around my leg, but mostly when I have been gone for the day

·
Banned
602 Posts
Mia likes to play in and lick my hair after a shower. When I am petting her after a little while she has to groom the hand I am petting her with. Sometimes when I am laying on the couch she will groom the side of my face.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Wow, Marshel, thanks for sharing, I love to discover new instinctual reasons I didn't know about why cats do a certain thing! This makes perfect sense! Now I understand why my cats always rub on me when they first see me after I've been away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My male, Snickers does this to people who come over to my apartment. He rarely does it to me, but he loves to groom my friend Mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts