Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay first off I"m going to say you wouldn't believe how dorky I feel right now. I was reading the topics about cat food in here, and I always figured I couldn't afford anywhere near 'the best' sort of diet for my cats and such. I was still in the process of finding a good food while I was reading here. As some of you may know, I got Kali almost 5 months ago. I started her off with friskies simply because it was cheap and I didn't know about how much food quality varied and with the cat's health. Kali was on that for about a month. Obviously, I then switched to IAMS, which I always thought was a better food but of course after coming here I was shocked to find out it wasn't as good as I thought. Kali was on that for about two months and I have been searching for a new food and got some pro plan which is what my vet was selling. I had my mom pick some up and just sighed when I realized it wasn't as good as I was expecting. Kali and Tevy have been eating that for about a week now. Tevy still eats a lot of it (she's a growing kitten lol) and Kali doesn't seem to eat a whole lot, maybe it has to do with her only being like 5lbs. I don't know. Anyway, so I was reading around here and was surprised to see how cheap the good quality foods were.

I searched the web to see if anywhere sold them near me; I wanted to either get Felidae, Solid Gold or Nutro, and at first I was dissapointed when I couldn't find Delidae listed, until I realized I was spelling it wrong. To make a long story short, it turned out the pet store down the road from me sold Felidae so I went and picked some up! I'm HOPING this works really good so I don't have to switch anymore because I know switching isn't too good for them. I've read other stuff on here about Felidae being good so I hope for the best! :D I was all excited to get cat food, something I'd never eat or use. I guess I really love my pets a lot. LOL

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
lol, I remember my search for Felidae or Wellness. I went to every petstore except this one - because I've never been in it before. After searching 5+ petstores, I went to a dog forum to ask for help. They gave me a link for Wellness that would find a store close to me. Wouldn't you know it was the one I didn't go in? lol!
So I got my kitties on Wellness Cat food, and I'm trying to convince fiance to switch the puppy to Wellness dog food as well.. Ah life...
Did you hug the food all the way to car with a michevious grin on your face? I did, lol.

YOU WIN! You got parents/hubby to get the 'good' stuff!

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is exactly how I felt when I first switched mine off Purina Cat Chow. I was so proud leaving the feed store with my large bag of Nutro. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aonir- Yeah it seems like whenever you are trying to find something it's always in the last place you would think of looking for it.

It's hilarious because when we got to the petstore, I looked and looked and looked and I was getting frustrated that they would be all out of it since I found online that they did carry it. Finally after walking around and noticing they sold practically every other food that was 'better quality' (I think I read a sign in there saying it's 'premium quality') Passing down the isles I saw: Nutro, Science Diet, Innova, that chicken soup food, nutro, and tons more, but I had my heart set on getting Felidae. LOL I didn't want to give in and get a different brand while I had intentions of getting Felidae. Finally, the only spot we didn't look, there was one, lone bag of Felidae left, I had a smile on my face as I held it between my hands, as if it was gold. :lol: When we got up to pay for it we asked the lady behind the register if it was popular or if they didn't carry it much since they were all out. I tried to tell my mom it was because it was popular but she didn't listen. LOL The lady said it was really popular and we left the store, as I sat in the car, treasuring the bag of Felidae and reading the back of the bag as if It was gold. HAHA It's just such a funny story. :p Anyway, I just wanted to share how dumb I felt afterwards, I thought my story was a little funny. Have a great day.

- Randy

·
Registered
676 Posts
hahaha! Welcome to the geek club!
:lol:

You are soooo not the only one, when I go shopping for my kitties, it feels just like I was shopping for some fun toy for myself.
Speaking of which... my cats are almost out of their Solid Gold food... *ponders* Oh what fun this shall be! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha AngelZoo, thanks for the warm welcome. :lol: It looks like you'll be having fun time passing down an isle and picking up Solid Gold and having a hard time not to pass by some new kitty toys. ;) If I had enough money I think my house would become a cat jungle. :lol: It's a cat's life is it not? ;) Have a great day and good luck with shopping. lol

- Randy

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well I wound up getting some Innova Adult, and Chicken Soup for the Cat Lovers Soul Adult.

I know I know, I have strayed from my Felidae, Solid Gold trade mark, but that's ok, I will revisit them sometime! haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hee hee, I also just discovered that a local pet store carries Felidae, which really suprised me! I have been hearing raves about it and am going to buy a bag once my nutro natural is gone. The price was pretty comparable to what I'm paying now, and the ingredients look so yummy in comparison! :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AngelZoo- That's fine we can't expect you to never stray from your trade mark you are human. :p Besides, there's this one thing I've heard numerous people say: "Variety is the spice of life" or something like that. They might enjoy something different. LOL Have a great day.

Tiggs- Yeah I know what you mean. :) I'm glad you are going to pick up some Felidae. It is great! It's only been a few days and I can already see and feel differences in my cat's coats. I really like the food. It was like $8 something here I think. Felidae was cheaper than a lot of the other foods the petstore around here offered. Overall, I'm highly satisfied with Felidae and reccomend it to everyone. :D Have a great day.

- Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts