Cat Forum banner

I'm New - Cat Coughing Question

460 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  davidsmom 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone - I'm new here. I finally solved my cat's constipation problem (and hope to post about it later) but now she has developed a cough. It's strange - not every day, and only once a day (often early in the morning). She doesn't bring anything up - it's kind of like she's trying to bring up a hairball. I took her to the vet - blood tests were good, she had a chest x-ray with a tiny bit of fluid in the lungs showing. I gave her an antibiotic. They did a cardiac ultrasound - said the heart was basically normal with one small valve problem that didn't need treatment or medication. BUT: she's had two coughing spells since (that's 2 in about 5 days).
Her sister passed from undiagnosed asthma several years ago. My cat Sparkie is 14. Does everyone think I should contact the vet again and see if it's asthma? I mentioned it to her previously. Just don't want to miss something...but don't want to over-test or medicate her, either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.