Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang. I have a 6 month tonk, named Dexter.

I came onto this forum, to find info on wall to ceiling cat poles. I only see a few for sale. I really like something like this. Introducing the Hicat Climbing System: A Cat Tree Like No Other|moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style

I just bought this from Walmart.

BTW, it's only $40 at Walmart. It's a nice pole for the price. But I would like something a bit more solid.

Does anyone have any info. On how to build or buy a better unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Layza and welcome! I've never built a cat tree since I'm useless with tools, but we have some old threads written by people who have that you might check out in the meantime. I love the Hicat Climbing System you posted...it's a shame it's not yet on the market.

·
Registered
275 Posts
welcome to the forum.

You found that second one at Walmart? I've been looking for one since I saw my friend's but haven't found it yet.

Do you want something for climbing / scratching or something for lounging/playing?
I am working on a "wall" for my cats. So far I just have stairs and a sleeping pad, but working on several ideas to add "more". Let me try to find a picture...

not the best, but the cats love running up and down. I never know which one will be sleeping at the top.

I also have this one in the basement leading to the high windows

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Very cool.

I made a typo. I ment floor to ceiling post/pole. I had wall climbing self's. Anyway, here is what I came up with. I didn't want anything to tacky like cat tower's/house. Not to offend anyone that has those unit's. But I live in a condo in the city and all my stuff is very modern. If I had a spare room or basement. That would be a different story. On to the pic's...

Once he climbs up. He can get on top of the fridge and up behind the sulfite.

Scratching pad. I have these all over the house. I'm trying my best to train him. To not claw all my stuff up. I really don't want to declaw him. So fare he's doing great 'knock on wood".

Here he is. Just chilling.... What do you guys think? Look's good or bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts