Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My darling Tuffy who is six months old now decided he no longer needs to sleep with Mommy - he spent the last two nights out in the living room sleeping with Satin. I miss him -- going through kitty withdrawal at night time. I know it sounds small and petty but I really do miss him at night when he's not in my bed.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
That's not silly. He'll be back. My cats go through phases.

But I think it's adorable he's sleeping with Satin. :grin:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Awww...don't sweat it. They go through stages. He might want his independence now, and in a month decide, he can't sleep without you. It's just a lot of fun to chase Satin at night right now while you are sleeping ;)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Aww. Maybe it's just temporary? Apollo's never been much of a bed snuggler (he likes being under the bed at night for some reason. it's his cave) but will still sometimes sleep on it, and Athena kind of mixes it up.

When we first got her, she always slept on the bed with us (usually on my head) but now she sometimes sleeps under the bed with Apollo and other times she'll hop back on the bed and curl up with us.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Teddy did the same thing after I got Leo. They started sleeping together in the bunk over my futon. Then it winter came round and I would shock him all the time when he would try to sleep with me. So that put him off of sleeping with me as well. Then Leo decided that sleeping on the foot my bed was cool so Teddy came back as well. Now I usually have Teddy next to, or on top of me with Leo sleeping next to my feet. I usually can't flip over in the middle of the night without disturbing them.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Like the others have said, perhaps he'll start sleeping with you again...perhaps someday soon, they both will!! :) In the meantime, it's great that he and Satin are getting along together so well.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I can understand being upset. If I wake up in the middle of the night and my guy is gone I go looking for him :p

How can I be expected to sleep without a line of cat drool running down my arm to pool on the sheets.

I'm sure it won't be very long before they are both in your bed.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ha yeah! They go in stages and cats are also quirky. What they decide one day can be the total opposite of what they decide on another day. Or they can just stand with one decision for a few days/weeks and suddenly change it up again on you. Totally unpredictable yet totally adorable!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I wish. I get woken up and whinned at several times a night for not sleeping in the best possible cat warming/supporting position.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Warm body

I know what you mean: one night I put Ritz' favorite blanket *next* to me on my small, single bed. Ritz didn't sleep on me; she slept on the blanket. So, at an opportune time, I moved the blanket on top of me. And Ritz followed.
And cats think we humans are dumb.... :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Maybe you could find a very tempting cat bed, or two since you have 2 cats, to put on your bed. Maybe one that has a heating pad built in.

Kathy

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Awwww, I'd be sad too, but he'll be back. He's just sharing the love and warmth with the other kitty, making sure you both get to enjoy his company. :)

I know I felt bad too when Lucy started to grow up. When she was a kitten, she followed me everywhere, and did everything around the house with me. Now, she can't be bothered, she's to independent! In the winter months though, she will snuggle on my lap all night long, she loves the fuzzy blanket! I say, whatever it takes! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts