Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so basically I helped a co-worker of mine who's cat had 9 kittens try to find homes for some of them. I was able to find two kittens a home... the people I found to take the kittens are aquantences (yikes I cant spell that right now) I know them well, but im not good friends with or anything. I thought they would take good care of these kittens but I was horribly wrong. I talked two one of them a few months ago and you wont believe what he told me! He DUMPED the kitten off at a farm hoping the people who lived there would take her in, I was appauled and very upset about it, I did give him a peice of my mind, but the damage was done. Now I find out today that the other person is trying to get rid of the kitten that she took from my co-worker. Now im stuck between a rock and a hard place, I dont want something bad to happen to this kitty, whether it be taken to our shelter (which is over-run with cats and kittens right now) or for her to just set him free into nowhere. Gosh what do I do!? I really dont think I can take in another cat right now, and obvoiusly my cat homing skills are horrible.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Don't blame you for being mad. I feel mad just reading about that irresponsible, unfeeling idiot for dumping a kitten at a farm. Is there any shelter or rescue in your area that is fostering kittens to be rehomed? A rescue that fosters usually has pretty strict screening of people that want to adopt. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. all the best!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they have a couple fosters I think, but from what I have read they usually have kittens (like very young ones) or adults with more special needs or are having a hard time getting used to shelter life. I think there is actually a fee too to put them in the shelter also, they dont just take them, you have to pay to bring them there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our shelters are like that. To "surrender" a family pet you have to pay a fee. However if you take the animal in and tell them you "caught" a stray or some such, they take them for free. Now, what does that accomplish? I am sure people dump their animals or lie and say they are strays so now the shelter knows NOTHING about the animal cause it's a "stray".
Can you tell them to return the animals to you if they don't want them anymore and try to rehome them again? I don't know what else you can do.
Good luck.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Sadly this kind of thing happens all the time and the only thing you can do is hug your cats tight and be happy they don't end up a satistic.

have you subjested they get the cat spayed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts