Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I've seen this behaviour in quite a few cats, but I don't understand what it means they're doing...

We all talk to our cats once in awhile, in some form, or another. With many cats I have had, or been with a some time, I can start to talk to them, and sometimes they look at me. On these occasions, their attention is concentrated on me, and their head is sort of bobbing up and down. It almost looks like they are nodding "yes" to something. It's a continuous action, but maybe one "nod" faster or slower, than the last one.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Norm

·
Registered
866 Posts
I dunno...

Mine just squints his eye's all happy like. He does that when he lays next to me before he tries to steal my food (sneaky *******).

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
They probably look at us and wonder: "What is he/she saying?". :D

I can have pretty wild conversations with my cats and they answer to, it´s fun but I doubt they understand a word of what I´m saying, I can´t understand them at least.

·
Registered
366 Posts
lol all they hear it their name and blah blah blah. Maybe a few comand words. I talk to my kitties too and today I was thinking why the heck am I talking to her she has no clue what I am saying. I was asking the mama cat where her baby was. hehe

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have seen that in my cat. I think it's that he is looking at your mouth, which is moving in all direction, and he kinda moves his head wherever the mouth goes. I dunno, just a hypothesis. I'll see if it's true the next time he does that!
It looks so cute, though! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
About the cat talking:
My cat communicates with a wide variety of sounds and body movements.
For example, my cat will never, ever, ever, drink water from his bowl. Three of four times a day he will meow loudly, making it resonate throughout the house...I know what it means...
I go to where the sound is coming from and he is usually sitting on the edge of the kitchen sink or on the bathroom sink. I know the drill. He kind of walks around imploringly, and will move carefully aside as I turn on the faucet and he drinks from it.
He can be so cute...he either wets his paw with the water and licks his paw, or puts his head in the water to drink...
He also likes to go up on top of the bookshelf...he likes heights...so he will sit on the bed and pretend to jump to the bookcase (it is too high for him to actually jump), he will kind of whimper.
I then put him on the bookcase until he motions for me to take him down.
:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts