Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: My little female came to us..we though her to ne just 10 weeks old right now. When she went to the vets for her second shots, he now thinks she is 3 months old. Today she went into heat!!!!!
We just adopted a little boy...he is now 8 weeks old.
When should she be spayed? I had hopd to bring both babies in the
same time..but I dont know if that will be safe.
Could she get pregnant by the other cat sooner then later?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why do you think she is in heat? It's very unlikely that a 3 month old kitten would come into heat.
What symptoms is she displaying?

Your new boy shouldn't show ANY interest in mating until he is at least 6 months old.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Bengal Man said:
Your new boy shouldn't show ANY interest in mating until he is at least 6 months old.
Shouldn't...maybe. But that's just subjective, as some cats show interest and can actually mate before then. You can't really bank on the 6 months thing.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Bengal Man said:
Shouldn't, yes...but my Jet's father was only 4.5 months old when he got Jet's mother pregnant....

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm not surprised by much anymore. I know of females going into heat at 4 months of age so at 3 months shouldn't be impossible.

The male shouldn't show any interest in here yet. Most males don't start to show interest in females before 6 months of age. I'm not really a fan of early spay, but if she's in heat now it just might be suitable to have her spayed as soon as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts