Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our semi-feral/indoor-outdoor girl came with our house, she's been here as llong as we have. Our neighbours used to feed her before we got here but never formally 'owned' her. They move out about 2 years ago, she stayed with us, they said that they were certain she was spayed but did not do this themselves (she just turned up one day, as a stray apparently). We've been here for almost 4 years and we've never had reason to believe she's not spayed but we just had a really weird thing happen!
He was sitting outside the window as she often does, my OH got up to let her in the house and there was a cat sitting in our garden. He looked quite casual and didn't seem scared of OH or anything. We brought our girl inside and when she was gone the cat jumped up to window where she had been sitting and sniffed after her. He's definitely not neutered and now I'm starting to wonder if she isn't either. Would he be hanging around for any other reason than her being in heat? We're going to bring her to the vet on Monday to be sure but can anyone shed any light?

· Premium Member
2,847 Posts
I wouldn't be worried in the slightest if in four years you've never thought she isn't spayed - female cats in heat act crazy, if she wasn't spayed she'd have been pregnant by now, I'd imagine... if the two cats get along then they could just be hanging out together, plenty of cats do that. They make their own friendships outdoors. Does your cat have an ear tattoo? Or can you see the spay scare on her belly? Even if she doesn't appear to have either of these, I'd say it's highly unlikely she is not spayed.

Blacky hates all cats we've introduced her to but I swear she's friends with the cat that comes in and eats her food every night, which we hardly ever glimpse since it's feral, but we hear it coming in/out of the cat door when the house is silent... but there's absolutely no way they don't cross paths frequently at night, yet I've yet to hear a cat fight. I also ran into them a year or two ago sitting outside a few feet apart, the black feral ran off and Blacky just calmly sauntered over to me... clearly she hadn't been having any sort of problem with this cat in her space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.