Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We lost our sweet Tiger on November 3, 2013. He was an FIV+ stray that showed up on our doorstep in January of 2008. He had lots of ups and downs, but was thriving for the most part until October. He was diagnosed with chronic renal failure. The vet kept him for 5 days on IV fluids, then sent him home. We did subcutaneous fluids twice a day, and did everything we could to bring him back but he never recovered. We don't know how old he was, but the vet estimated he was 7-9 when we took him in so he may have been 13-15 years old. I miss my boy so much:(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Losing Tiger so close to Misty must have been so heartbreaking. I hope you can find peace in these losses and maybe consider blessing another furbaby with the love you have for cats.

We adopted our sweet girl Lacey just last year. The shelter said she was 3 and in good health. Turned out she is closer to 8 or more with a bad heart and failing kidneys. We will love her until her days are done here on earth and beyond regardless of the hand we (and her) were dealt. I know you feel the say way.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your loss of Tiger. You are truly a pet guardian to have taken him into your lives and cared for him so well through his final years. He was incredibly lucky to find your doorstep and have those extra years of happiness and acceptance. I am sure he was very grateful and blessed your lives for those 5 years.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Oh how blessed was Tiger that he found you in his years of need. What more could anyone have done! I am so sorry for your loss and hope your heart can mend sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Losing Tiger so close to Misty must have been so heartbreaking. I hope you can find peace in these losses and maybe consider blessing another furbaby with the love you have for cats.

We adopted our sweet girl Lacey just last year. The shelter said she was 3 and in good health. Turned out she is closer to 8 or more with a bad heart and failing kidneys. We will love her until her days are done here on earth and beyond regardless of the hand we (and her) were dealt. I know you feel the say way.
Thank you Marcia. We adopted 2 kittens from the animal shelter back in November. I wasn't quite ready but my husband wouldn't let me say no. One of the kittens, Echo, has some health issues that we are dealing with now. I will post a separate thread on that soon.
Lacey is very lucky that you adopted her. We feel the same way about our cats. They are our family.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry to hear about your loss of Tiger. You are truly a pet guardian to have taken him into your lives and cared for him so well through his final years. He was incredibly lucky to find your doorstep and have those extra years of happiness and acceptance. I am sure he was very grateful and blessed your lives for those 5 years.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have always thought that God sent me an angel when Tiger came to our door. Tiger rescued me, he helped me through a difficult time in my life and it was an honor to take care of him for 5 years. I wish it could have been longer..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I'm so sorry. Tiger was so lucky to have one caring for him for those years that you had him. I have no doubt that he knew how much he was loved.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't believe it's been a year since Tiger crossed the Bridge. My husband and I still talk about him and think about him every day.
I miss my boy so much. :sad: I hope you are running free with Misty and Echo sweetheart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Oh jking, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Tiger... :( I know he's looking down on you, thinking of the amazing life he had with you, and running free without pain with Misty and Echo...

*hugs* I know how hard it is when they leave that empty hole... I miss my family cat Sheba everyday. It's been 3 years and I swear I still think of her almost everyday. The pain lessens, but missing them never does. I just hope the positive memories help you and your husband whenever you're missing him... <3

·
Registered
0 Posts
:(
You are not alone in how you are feeling. While they physically are no longer with us, we still remember our babies with every ounce of love we can after they have passed.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh jking, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Tiger... :( I know he's looking down on you, thinking of the amazing life he had with you, and running free without pain with Misty and Echo...

*hugs* I know how hard it is when they leave that empty hole... I miss my family cat Sheba everyday. It's been 3 years and I swear I still think of her almost everyday. The pain lessens, but missing them never does. I just hope the positive memories help you and your husband whenever you're missing him... <3
Thank you Mandy and Ellie. Yes, the pain has lessened but things will never quite be the same. Losing Tiger, Misty and Echo broke my heart. The positive side is that it also opened my heart to all of the cats and kittens there are that need homes. I have recently volunteered with a local rescue and I hope to become more involved in the coming months.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So sorry about your boy, Tiger. I am sure he knew how much you loved him.
Thank you Jetlaya, Tiger was my heart kitty and he meant so much to me.

(((hugs)))
Thank you Sharon

:(
You are not alone in how you are feeling. While they physically are no longer with us, we still remember our babies with every ounce of love we can after they have passed.
Thank you Mochas Mommy. I am so glad to have this forum and to know that many others feel the same way I do.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Dropping off more hugs for you, Tiger was beautiful, what a dear cat. So sorry for your loss, and I am glad you have continued to bless other kitties with your love and care.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
So, so sorry for your loss of sweet Tiger and your other kitties - what a hard time you have been through with the loss of these little ones. Your Tiger reminds me of my Sunny - lots of hugs to you, and I'm so glad you have your little Chino and Shadow to hug and love on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts