Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
I would also consider giving him "Rescue Remedy". It is a homeopathic mixture of herbs that works on both dogs and cats for anxiety. Some kids even end up on Prosac, a bit heavy perhaps but I would do just about anything to increase their quality of life. Starting a cat on a mood altering drug doesn't necessarily mean its for life either, he may just need to be on it until he relearns some behaviors and becomes more confident in himself. This poor baby has real anxiety issues. How awful for him to see threats everwhere even in his own home. Jackson Galaxy has an episode on "My Cat from ****" dealing with these issues on Animal Planets web site. He also has great info on it as well, he really is a terrific behaviorist. GL B

· Registered
62 Posts
You might start with 6 drops ln the morning and work up from there. I would put it in something he really likes so he gets it all. you can increase it pretty rapidly if need be but be aware that it often in an alcohol base which means too much can affect their liver so the smallest effective dose is best. GL B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.