Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yup, most of these types of furniture are marketed for those with a very healthy amount of disposable income. Having said that, it provides ideas and inspiration for DIY-types to make something similar. For someone with a modest workshop, making something like this shouldn't be too difficult; it's just a matter of having the time and putting in the effort :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wish my ceilings were high enough .. I have a feeling my over 6' tall hubs would have a hard time navigating that in the dark at 5am getting ready for work LOL.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have the perfect house for something like that. Unfortunately, we do not have the perfect income to go along with it.
I love the way it looks.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those cats in the demo pics look like they're in kitty heaven.
Yeah - they must be having so much fun. I'd be worried I'd never see my cats again, they'd always be somewhere overhead doing kitty things and ignoring me! Well... until they got hungry.

It isn't feasible financially for most people but it provides some interesting ideas.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
This might sound crazy, but I would worry about my cats falling off. Especially if they were being all feisty and silly, and not watching their step. My brother's cat fell off the top of a half wall in a loft all the way down to the first floor. She wasn't seriously injured but was never quite the same according to him.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone on here have cat shelves? I'd love to see pictures.

I have this one cutout area above the entry way that they love, right now they access from a cat tree but I'd like to do some kitty shelving and move the cat tree to a more out of the way place. I know a guy who is a carpenter, so I'll ask him to make some shelves but nothing like that site... it will be a few shelves, not wall to ceiling! My cats aren't that spoiled...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anyone on here have cat shelves? I'd love to see pictures.

I have this one cutout area above the entry way that they love, right now they access from a cat tree but I'd like to do some kitty shelving and move the cat tree to a more out of the way place. I know a guy who is a carpenter, so I'll ask him to make some shelves but nothing like that site... it will be a few shelves, not wall to ceiling! My cats aren't that spoiled...
My hubby is a carpenter, he built a 14 ft long mantle/bookcase thing on one Wall in the living room and next project will be my pickings - I told him I wanted a few deep shelves and one of them planks with the rope going up and down the wall leading to the shelves. I am currently browsing pictures online!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My hubby is a carpenter, he built a 14 ft long mantle/bookcase thing on one Wall in the living room and next project will be my pickings - I told him I wanted a few deep shelves and one of them planks with the rope going up and down the wall leading to the shelves. I am currently browsing pictures online!
Wow - lucky! I'd love to see after pictures.

I have a friend who is a carpenter, so I'm going to ask him about it. Luckily, he likes cats as well. He already did some custom shelving for me (not cat shelves) and the cats were probably a little more involved than necessary... so it's a good thing he thinks they are cute!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts