Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the free kibble site the triva question stated from a poll 76% of cats live indoor only. 23% indoor outdoor. Im sure this was a US stat

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I've been letting Zinny outside during the day. For once, I can't wait for winter so I have an excuse to lock her inside all the time ;p

I've wondered about training her to come when called, then realize it might not work...she probably goes up to a mile away, on her adventures! If only she would come back at sunset, rather than middle of the night. I always start worrying after 9, if a raccoon got her (like they did her sister and possible father). Luckily she's always come wandering back to my bedroom, so far! (didn't check the clock last night, but I went to bed at 11 and was already asleep when she finally jumped on my bed and woke me up)

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend's cats always come to me when I call because I always have Friskies Party Treats. They love them. She has a 6' walled backyard, they're not a mile away though. Cats will come if you have a special food is the only tip I know.

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I'd say, if that's accurate, then it's definitely only a US stat. However it does make sense to me, more people live in cities and more people that live in cities live in apartments, or fear for their cats being hit by cars or getting stolen or lost. I'd say the number reflects somewhat closely to your location of city vs country life.

Actually, I just Googled it, 79 percent live in cities, 20 live in rural areas as of the population census of the year 2000.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shadow has a cat door and free roam most of the time. I do close the door at night due to strays and ***** using the cat door. Also every forth week I have to keep her in during the day because of an issue with a relative that comes to the house next to me at that time. She is afraid she will get on her car, and I found out recently she has a bit of fear of Shadow. She can be fiesty and has bitten my husband and I. Let's just say Shadow does not like not being able to come and go during daylight hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts