Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
If you're referring to cats that don't door-dash, I should think they would be (much) easier to adopt out. It would be one less issue for a pet owner to deal with.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing, ThreeCatz. The little girl who showed up at my door has been front and back declawed, so I put on the flyer that she needed to be an indoor-only kitty. So far, nothing - but who knows why.

tezster, it might depend on the area (culture, climate). I feel like in this area, it's completely normal to let kitties go outside. I saw at least 5 or 6 different cats at my old place, a block over, all of them owned (except Mr. Casper, who I took with me when I moved).

Growing up in NJ, I never saw cats outdoors (except my own, on a leash). And when I lived in upstate NY, the only kitties I saw outside were feral, and there were very few of them. The weather's much milder here, so kitties can usually go outdoors even in January or February for a few days.

So I'm worried that the fact that I specified that Miss Kitty has to be indoor-only is going to turn some people off.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ask this question because I am fostering 3 kittens through a company and the info I put down for the kitties says Indoor only. So the owner of this foster company sent me an email saying she has someone interested in 2 of my kittens but the person wanted indoor/outdoor... so I said Sorry...no..these kittens are indoor only. So that person has to look for another cat.

2 years ago my own cats got outside because the wind blew the door open and they got out. It took me a few weeks to find them again. So because of this...my cats are indoor only. Even the kittens.

The feral cats are fine outside b/c they are used to it and know how to survive but not my indoor cats. they would loose weight and get sick.

So I am glad that we still have these kittens...but also on the flip side of things...I hope the company can find them an indoor only home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts