• Indoors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
In San Francisco, it was 65 degrees F today...kitty is out in the backyard, enjoying the last of the sun, but she can only go out when I'm home and can keep an eye on her. She never goes any further than the redwood fence, so I don't worry too much--but as I said in the behavior catagory, she's majorly mellow and low maitenance. I have the purrfect cat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I live in an industrial area so my boys stay inside. They keep each other company. I think Max would just scare people anyway. As you can see, he's huge....I fear for small children and big birds :lol:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I live nearby roads so I keep my cats inside. However I take them out for walks so they get to smell the fresh air but I would never let them run loose outside. I did have an outdoorcat when I lived out in nowhere but the cat was hit by a car(!) so I will probably never ever have any cats running loose outside no matter where i live. By the way, the cat that was hit by a car survived with a broken leg and is a healthy and happy cat today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I let two of my four cats run free outside sometimes. They're street smart and stick to the woods behind my house. They were miserable when I kept them inside because they were used to running the woods at the old trailer. There are no dangerous roads nearby.

I let Nori out into the backyard occasionally (she doesn't realize she has the ability to jump fences).

- koneko

·
Registered
44 Posts
Miss Kitty is primarily an indoor cat. One or twice a day I take (or let) her into the back yard. On two sides there is a six foot fence that she cannot climb...but actually she has shown no interest in leaving the yard. If I left her outside indefinately she might deside to roam a little but she scarcly has time to explore her favorite sites around the yard. She is usually outside for 10 min to half an hour...she sits by the back door when she wants out but is not insistent..meowing or begging etc. There is a cat door into the garage which is like her private area. Her litterbox is there and during the day it is usually open to the street but she does not go into the front yard from the garage unless I am working inthe front garden.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mine's never been outdoors, and being on the 3rd floor of an apartment building, ingress and egress would not be very easy.

But there's trees right off my balconey - he's got stuff to watch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Max and Ben

Shirrell said:
Max and Ben, is that a Bengal or Ocicat? Looks a bit like it in photo and how did you insert photo?

My cat has never seen outdoors.
Sorry to take so long to reply, I missed this message for some reason. Max is an Egyptian Mau. He's well mannered and very personable. A great cat to have as a buddy. I have been told that the Mau's stripes are one of the few that are considered authentic, as to mean they go right down to the skin. Max's pads, lips and skin is black as far as I can see. His ear area is pink but he is essentially a black skinned cat under those stripes.

I posted some instructions on how to place pictures to the board. They are in the "Meet my Kitty" section.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have four babies..two are total indoor cats, going out on a harness ( when I'm there with them )when weather permits. The other two are strays and although they are indoors 80% of the time they do still manage to get outside, but they tend to stay and just sun themselves in the back yard...they are both old...one is 16 the other 18 so don't wander off very far.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I live on alot of land so we have indoors/outdoors cats. One is a pure outdoors cat (because she kept pooping in the house :? ) and the other two are indoors/outdoors cats (we have a cat door in a strange place so only animals who are trained can get in and out of it).

·
Registered
328 Posts
My cat has access to the outdoors, but there is a high gate separating the back and front garden, so he can't go onto the road. Even so, he is kept in at night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts