Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted another cat before Ozark got too old to accept another cat. I went to the pound and adopted this 5 month old kitten. His name...Indy!

I am currently uploading a video so you can see him in action! He's really hard to photograph.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There is the video! He has been tattooed on his belly with his shelter number in case anyone is wondering what that is on his stomach.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congratulations and good job adopting. What an energetic little guy. He looks very healthy and happy. I am interested to hear how your two kitties interact and get along.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I love Indy! What an adorable kitty, and he looks so willing to be friendly and affectionate at this early stage.

What the heck is a tattoo on cats? Maybe I don't really want to know.... :-(

·
Registered
720 Posts
He is darling! I love his gold eyes. My kitten has a tattoo also!! He has a white belly so i saw it when we brought him home. My vet said that some shelters do tattoos because they are cheaper than microchipping, and they do it at the time they spay/neuter them. Its hard to read though, so i dont feel like its nearly as effective as microchipping. Also there are so many different registries, it would be hard to track the number.

·
Registered
317 Posts
He's so handsome! I like the name you finally picked for him. :) My shelter chipped and didn't tattoo. :| But a lot of Oklahoma shelters do the tats because, let's face it, in OK, there are tons of strays running around, it would cost too much to chip them all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks!

To all who are curious, I have started having Ozark and Indy play and eat together which, of course, is closely supervised. Ozark has stopped growling and being upset so this is the reason I have taken this step. They get several small sessions a day to play. There is some incompatibilities with their personalities but most of it is due to Indy being a kitten. Ozark is lazier than Indy and he also is a huge wimp.

Here is a video of the two playing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am still going to be monitoring their together time but I think they are already pretty comfortable with each other. I'm so proud of my boy for accepting this new addition fairly quickly. :smile:

I have another video loading with them spending some cuddle time together. I'll get that in this thread very shortly. And, yes, in the video Ozark is grooming Indy a little bit! It's quite possibly the most precious thing I've seen. :mrgreen:

EDIT: And here is that video!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts