Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little Juno is such an odd kitty. She has been very temperamental ever since she became one of our household about 2 1/2 years ago. She really doesn't like the other cats very much. While she likes to be in the same room with her people, she really doesn't want to be touched most of the time. If you dare pick her up and hold her she growls like crazy and hisses. (Although she never bites or scratches) Once in a blue moon it's ok to pet her and that pretty much describes Inside Juno.
Outside Juno is like a completely different cat. Last summer I started taking her out on the deck to sit on my lap and get some sunshine and fresh air. She loves it! While outside she purrs, head butts against you, and is the happiest most loveable lap cat you could ever imagine. She sits on my lap and looks around enjoying being outside and never tries to get down or get away. If I hadn't picked up Inside Juno and carried her out the door to become Outside Juno, I would never believe she is the same cat.
Anyone else have a cat that has such a split personality?

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Daytime Cleo vs. Nighttime Cleo

Daytime Cleo sounds exactly like Juno. HATES being picked up, keeps mostly to herself.

At bedtime, I lie on my back and she has to knead my arm for a while, purrs and purrs, some nights when she finishes, she lies down for a while on top of me while I scratch her little face, then she curls up on the pillow next to me and falls asleep with her little paw on my face or neck or arm.

BUT, when I'm upset, day or night, she's my little empath kitty and she's right there next to me, talking me down and headbutting me and rubbing up against me.

Sue, I'm SO glad you brought Juno outside and discovered her other purrsonality!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts