Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this video. What great men who have made a cat haven for 15 rescue cats!

https://youtu.be/okOVxfuSYPk

They said they have 5 Rumba vacuums! I've been toying with the idea of getting one since we're working so much and don't have the time to get my Meile out and vacuum each day, like I use to do.

After reading the reviews, I ended up buying a Neato robotic vacuum and it really works. Its a bit loud when working, compared to my Miele, but a time saver. I start it when we're not home and it does it job and goes back to its base on its own to recharge. Cool!

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
I want one!!! And it picks up the kitty litter ok?? I hate dragging my Miele out, too.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does pick up my litter too. Granted I don't have much litter in the house because I have all my cat boxes on the catio. But what makes it way in, it picks up!

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Love the cat house!! My favorite comment:

This video just provides further evidence for my theory that the Pyramids were built by cats. Oh sure, humans did the actual labor, but the cats convinced them to do it. You probably think it was aliens, but ask yourself this...How may hieroglyphs have you seen with aliens? Zero. Now how many have you seen with cats? Hundreds! Thousands! And just witness the power of fifteen cats against one man. Look at how much they made him do! Now imagine a hundred thousand meowing cat overlords... WAKE UP PEOPLE, AND SEE THE TRUTH!

·
Registered
475 Posts
The house is amazing! $50k though. Wow!

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Roomba too. What made you go with the Neato?

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading the reviews. Plus looked at the top rated ones by tech reviews and consumer report type websites. I bought a mid range priced Neeto cuz I'm not a techno ninny and didn't want it complicated.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
What a very welcome break today! Thanks for sharing Mitts & Tess. I absolutely love his style and the colors he uses. He said $40-50K for just the catwalks, I think. :eek: Of course from there I meandered over to another video, a HLN story about a man with Asperger's Syndrome who's turned his house into a cat house. Another charming story. Nice warm fuzzies. :>

Nuliajuk, I saw a piece on the Walkers' Cats' House on TV several years ago. I'm guessing it was on Animal Planet. Their house is pretty spectacular.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you should do a review on yours! I have a lot of tile and colored cement floors in our rental with a few orental rugs. What kind of floors do you have?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you should do a review on yours! I have a lot of tile and colored cement floors in our rental with a few orental rugs. What kind of floors do you have?
A mix, mostly carpeted except the living room which is laminate flooring. Upstairs is all carpet. Unlike the floors in the product demo videos, mine are strewn with electrical cables (in this room at least) and there's plenty of obstacles for it to negotiate, like the boxes and bits stowed under the bed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Roomba arrived today. After a couple of hours charging on its docking station the CLEAN button was bright green, and one press later it was on its merry way hoovering! Quite fun to watch, as it slides across the floor, finding a wall, and inching along it working its way to the door. Then just as it looks about ready to move to a new room, it does a 90 degree turn and tootles off. Meanwhile Izz was staring at it in a mix of fascination and pure horror, poor girl... after it had been working for 20 minutes I picked her up and put her a bit nearer to it so she could see it was harmless. She bolted back into the spare room out of sight. Think she'll take some getting used to Zoomy.

It's really good that when after a good time (45 minutes or more), and the DOCK light came on, it trundled off and bit by bit found its way back to home - which is in a corner alcove, so it had to navigate gradually. But it did it and is now enjoying a well earned rest! Picks up a surprising amount of floor muck too (though that may say more for my cleaning habits, ahem).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.