Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My friend recently took in a stray cat. We are actually pretty convinced she isn’t stray because of how sweet and affectionate she is so we’ve been actively looking for the owners!

She seems in pretty good shape overall, eating normally and using the litterbox normally. She has a scrape on her leg, few little spots in her ear, and a small bump on her side but other than those she seems pretty healthy. She has a vet appointment in a few days to be officially checked out!

Now to my question - I just met her today and spent a few hours with her at my friends place. When I came home I completely changed my clothes and washed my hands before interacting with my two cats at home. Should I have any concerns that I would be bringing anything potentially harmful home to my two cats? They’re actually due for their flea medicine so they’ll be getting that tomorrow, but I would like know if I should just avoid my friends place until the cat is fully vetted? Also just curious if it’s even possible to transfer cat to human to cat?

thanks!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
this is a good question.
i do not know.
It seems like if you change clothes and wash hands and leave shoes by door (possibly in a bag if you do not have shoe shelf by door..)
you are reducing the risk i would think.
but i do not know.
Some things your shoes could carry in might be things your cats are already vaccinated against?
I am not sure...
When i google "Can humans carry in cat diseases on their shoes?" the internet seems to think yes, you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts