Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gabby likes to come out mostly during the late evening and I'm going to try to change this. I love having another warm body in my apartment and would like to enjoy her more during the day time. I think I found a way to make this happen.

The past couple of evenings I've been playing with Gabby quite a bit. When we stop I've noticed she stays A LOT closer to me and doesn't go back to her hiding spot. She'll also start following me around some. SOOOOO my planis to take her out of her hiding spot more and play with her during the day. I really hope this helps! Even if she's just lounging around and sleeping I'd like her to do it more out in the open so I can at least see her.

She is getting MUCH better with the noises from the neighbors. Now she just perks up and will sometimes go towards the door to see if someone is coming in. While we were playing she barely flinched. PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Good to hear that she's slowly being more social. ]

Does she like to be groomed? Even if she's a shorthair, grooming every day can be a real bonding experience especially if she enjoys it. If she isn't used to being combed, keep it short at the beginning and groom only as long as she's still enjoying it. Follow with a treat. Evon tho my two Devons don't need to be groomed, I still comb them once a week and they really like it, and the one that's waiting begs for their turn.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buster is similar. All the effort of spending time with him has paid off. It's 7:39 am and he's out playing. Just a week ago he'd be under the bed missing out on everything!

I find the trick is to associate your presence with something happy, like play. Also finding out what your cat likes in toys. For mine, the pet people said Buster liked fuzzy mice. From there, he has now branched out to feathers on a stick and the magical laser pointer.

I'm glad you found out what makes your kitty tick! :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gabby's two favorite things to play with me are strings and the very popular laser pointer. If I want to bring her out of her hiding spot all I have to do is get the laser light out and like magic she's out! I can't find either one of her lasers. I swear she's hidden them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine are night owls to. They party til the broad daylight. I was told it was cause they see better in the dark. I just love it when I'm sleeping and I suddenly become a part of the furniture, just some random object to jump on and stick a paw in my eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts