Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going out of town for the weekend. My boyfriend will be here with the cats. I am loving up on them like I'm going into battle and may never come back. I am crazy.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Aww, I know what you mean. Every Saturday night I go to my parents' house to have dinner with them, do laundry, and see my dog (he grew up there and is old now so I didn't want to move him out, but I miss him a lot).

It used to be I couldn't wait until the weekend to see Sambu and my family...now when I'm there, by Sunday morning all I'm thinking is, "I miss my kitties! :("

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I'm sure they'll all be fine but I would freak out too. The only time I left MOwMow we had to cut our trip short and come home...we haven't been separated (except for work and errands) since.

I think I'd freak now if I had to leave him. :p

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I don't like it when I have to leave my girls either, although it's much easier when someone (one of my kids) comes over to stay with them than when I just have a sitter. That way, I can always phone to check up on them. So, it's good your boyfriend will be there all weekend. He's probably saying, "Sure, you'll miss the cats more than you'll miss me"!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I stopped going to my boyfriend's family who lives in another state just because I didn't want to leave my furbabies. Finally, one day during holiday time, my boyfriend convinced to me meet him there (he went for 4 days) and I just met him there three days later and stayed overnight. I had bought two double automatic timer feeders just so I could leave them for one day and night. It was very nerve wracking being away and wondering if the automatic feeder had worked (even though I had tested them out prior to leaving) while I was away for that short amount of time. To me it seemed like a week. When I got home, everything was fine, they were fed their two meals each and I promised I would never leave them again, lol.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Aaaawww...you guys are making me think about my upcoming vacation to FL. We are going for 9 days. I know it will be fun, but I also hate leaving the kitties. I know they will be in good hands. I am boarding them with an even crazier cat lady than myself ;) and it's a no cage facility, but we will still be so far away *sigh*

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
And I thought I was crazy. I cannot go on vacation at all. I know I won't enjoy it one bit because I'll be thinking about them the whole time.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Join the club! I would consider it a major victory if, while on vacation, I could go an entire hour without thinking about Murphy. And it's not even that I'm worried about him -- he has a great cat-sitter who comes twice a day and brings her 6-year old son, who plays with him to his heart's content. It's just plain missing him. I wish there was a pill to take.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sinatra is still excited I came home. He has been cuddling me nonstop and yelled when I went to work today. My boyfriend told me that he was yelling a lot when his family came over on Sunday as well. Silly boy!!! Nutmeg doesn't seem to care, lol. She is sick though :(.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Welcome home! Muffs always gets excited when I come home after being away (although she doesn't get cuddly). Abby takes a while to "remember" me, but she's ok after about an hour or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts