Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!! i got a rescue, he's a nice boy, wants nothing but love and pets. he's been through a lot in the past few weeks. he was a victim of foreclosure, taken in by friends , but made to live in the basement :( !!! he was taken in by a lady who couldn't keep him, but had him vetted, (also neutered at 1 1/2 yrs, what does that say for the original owner!!!???) anyway's he was boarded at the vets for a few weeks but could no longer stay. i made room at the inn......now, he wants to beat up my neutered tom, buzzy!!!! so he has to go to a bedroom at night, whilst buzzy comes in to sleep in his favo chair. so far all they've done is scream at each other through the screen, he did escape last night and went right over to where my boy was sleeping and started a screaming match. i took the screen down and closed the door so i could get some sleep and my guy could sleep in peace. what is the easiest way to do intros and avoid bloodshed??? so far, i tried to intro through a screen door, reached out to pet buzzy and promptly got bit...by my own cat!!!! HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
OH boy sounds like your house has become a battle ground. :( Do you have a 'safe' room you can keep new cat in while you do slower introductions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i do, but i feel like a heel making him be locked down cause he's such a little lover!!!! i don't want either of them to be attacked or leave because of a new cat, i've heard of cats "running away" because of trying to move a new one in. i never expected it to be this bad!!!! i also have an elderly dog who loves cats and the new guy loves her, but don't want her getting in the middle of a fight either!!!!i got bit just for being the closest thing to bite!!!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You need the new cat in a confined room all day, not just at night for a good week or so and the baby gates can come after that. It's too soon. You are going to make the cats permanently hate each if they are rushed this way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine goes out every morning and doesn't want to come in until night..he has the neighbors on both sides he suns on their porches, hunts their bird feeders!! :(..(thankfully they love cats!!!) we live at a dead end street so he has "his territory" that he claims..when he wants in, once in a great while during the day, the other guy goes in the bedroom with a closed door..i just want them to share the space!!!! i don't want to lock up the new guy if buzzy is out any ways..won't the smells help?? as long as i'm not shoving them in each others face?? i do keep them seperated as i don't want to get in the middle nor does my dog!!! how long is this gonna take????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.