Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our kitten Token since he was 4 weeks old. He is now 12 weeks, and we are planning on getting a half-siamese kitten in three weeks. We will be introducing the two, but I am not sure how the older kitten will take it. The younger kitten lives in a house with like 10 other cats, so I think he will be okay. Token has not seen another cat since he left his brothers at 4 weeks. He is very spoiled and very attached to us, so I am unsure how he will taken an intruder. I was wondering since he is still so young, if he would adjust to another kitten more readily. He will be getting neutered probably before the other kitten comes home. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? I know that there have been some posts about introducing an older cat to a new kitten, but not two young kittens.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
LOL! A 12-week old is not an "older cat"! Put two kittens together and they will be happy as clams. There may be a little hissing for a few minutes, but kids will be kids, I don't think you need to worrry! Kittens are very flexible and untstoppably curious; they'll probably be best buds in less than a day.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
237 Posts
Your kitties will def have fun playing with eachother! I introduced mine by keeping the new kitty in the bathroom and playing with her first to get her used to being in a new place... Tyson had been in our place for about 3 days before we brought Tyra home. He soon realized he had a friend on the other side of the bathroom door, and they'd play under the door & sniff & paw at eachother for hours. We'd let her out for short periods of time and let them play while being supervised to make sure he didn't roughhouse too much... and now, 6 months later, they're the best of friends and start meowing if they can't find eachother! It's so cute, I'm excited for you! Congratulations, and I wish you the best of luck!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I agree, kittens love everything! Its when they get older that they start to be sourpusses. :lol: Remember, you have to post pictures of them playing! Its in the rules!!! J/K... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts