Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, Matrix is doing very well with my little dog.

I have 2 ferrets, and from what I've heard, ferrets and cats get along quite well. How would I go about introducing them to one another, especially considering Matrix was an outside cat and had to (try to?) hunt for his own food. They would never be left alone without strict supervision, but I'd like for my ferrets to be allowed to come out and play with Matrix out.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
It depends on the personalities but not really unlike doing a slow intro between two cats really. Basically its the same steps.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We tried introducing Milky to my in-laws 2 minature Dobermans. The older one is fine with Milky. It took 3 short times for them to finally sniff each other and become friendly. the younger one is new so that will take a bit more time, but so far it's been fine!

·
Registered
716 Posts
it depends on the individual. i had ferrets years ago, and they got along great with my cat. he actually would get annoyed when they would jump on him, so he pretty much stayed away from them. he also wasn't a mouser, and even got along with my cockatiels.

here is a pic

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'd do as others have said and keep it like a cat/cat intro.

We used to have rats and Sammy was fine with them but Meeka was always a little too curious so we'd have to watch her super closely when they were out of their cage.

Good luck with the intros!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts