Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just got a ragdoll kitty, but I already have 2 other kittens. What would be the best way to go about introducing them to each other? Are kittens more likely to get on with each other than a kitten and older cat? (Please say yes)
If you could help that would be great!

~J

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
somethingcattish said:
Are kittens more likely to get on with each other than a kitten and older cat?
you could say that, in general, but it still wouldn't be any guarantee. each situation is unique. here's a good article on introductions:

http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... roductions

and there are other good articles on the web if you want to google "introducing new cat"

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I should go slow? I'm just afraid that the older they get the harder it'll be for them to get along. They've already seen each other and didn't seem the least bit disturbed about each others presence.

I also have an adult cat who only tolerates my other kittens, but they don't have the slightest problem with her.

~J

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
somethingcattish said:
They've already seen each other and didn't seem the least bit disturbed about each others presence.
there really isn't enough information in your msgs, but based on what you said in the quote above, the usual next step is for them to interact physically without being on the other's territory. you might do this through a crack in a doorway that's big enough for them to stick a paw through, but not big enough to actually get through. if they interact successfully this way, the next day you can try actually putting them in the same room together. if they bump noses and sniff butts without any aggressive / defensive behaviors, then they'll probably be ok. I'd really suggest reading the articles, they're a lot more detailed than I can be in a msg, and you can see where you are along the introduction process.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts