Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a cat! His name is Mitzy and he is an 8 year old orange and white tabby. He is absolutely lovely! So sweet and loving. He comes when I call and snuggles up on my bed and sleeps with me and loves being stroked!

·
Super Moderator
26,432 Posts
He's a gorgeous boy - congratulations! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ^_^ He's so wonderful. I've had to leave him alone all night though to come to work. I hope hes still in my bedroom and has found the litter tray when I get home...and not shredded/smashed anything. If he has behaved and I've been worrying all night over nothing then I'll be over the moon. I love having a cat

·
Super Moderator
26,432 Posts
Being an adult cat (so wonderful that you adopted a non-kitten!), he probably behaved himself quite properly. Cinderella was my first cat, and at four years old, she didn't get into any trouble at all, nor since then. But I was also holding my breath those first few days.

Let us know what you find when you get home. 8O

:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I like adopting adults. So many people adopt babies because they're cute and cuddly, and adults don't get a look in. Although to be honest I was also looking at kittens.

Well if I didn't collect porcelean dolls and ceramic faries I wouldn't be so worried about him destroying things, but as it is it'd be very easy to while he's still exploring. And I hope he's stayed in the bedroom because I have house buns whom he's not met yet and I don't want the two mixing without me to supervise.

And when I got him he couldn't find his litter tray. Although that may have been because I bought a lidded one, so I've taken the lid off for him.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Mitzy is a handsome kitty. I hope that you came home from work and found that he had slept all night long in the middle of your bed.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Mitzy is gorgeous! His coloring looks the same as Melysion's Toby.

I've had a cat for 2.5 years now, and I have yet to have one of them knock anything over. Maybe that's the advantage of adopting an adult cat.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Aww, such a gorgeou kitty!!! And that is even nicer you adopted an older cat. Many people want a kitten or a young cat and older ones tend to be passed over. But bless you for taking this fine kitty to have a loving life.

And be sure to keep us updated with photos. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's 8 years old mitts & Tess

Well when I got Mitzy he did knock over a pile of CDs which scared him and me and he jumped onto my windowsill and knocked over some faeries and photo frames. But that was while I was in the room and before leaving for work I put My CDs on the floor instead of on the lid of my LP player. As Mitzy wanted to sit on it which is why my CDs took a fall. Also I bunched my faries up and made sitting room for Mitzy with my picture frames so there's now enough room for him to sit as my windowsill is really large. There's enough room for me to sit on it cross legged if I moved everything off. As it is there's enough room for him to lay down happily.

So I came home and there was Mitzy. Sat in front of the bed room door meowing. Poor kitty got lots of hugs and attention. He'd not destroyed anything. Even though I'd put one of my faries and a glass photo frame on the bed. I had taken them off of my windowsill as the faerie sits on the edge and the frame is glass. I'd meant to put them on another shelf and forgot and they weren't damaged.

I was so relieved. He's such a good kitty. I feel so much better leaving him. I just wish I could let him out. He really wants to go out and play, but it's too soon.

He even found his litter tray ^_^

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh he is! And we've already bonded so well. He was laid across my chest this morning just being fussed...so I couldn''t get up.But so worth it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts