Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Introduced myself into new member section, and failed on a few picture shares... so I thought I'd right that wrong :wink:

I'm Mom to 4 spoiled purrrbabies ranging from 5 years to 17 and one silly Chihuahua.

Stoli is my obnoxious goofball Cornish Rex....

Chablis is the resident beauty queen...... well the beauty queen that falls off the cat walk that is. No sense of balance or grace lol.

Bailey -- 11year young great ball of orange love. Can be found westling or snuggling with Stoli at any time. Stoli uses him as a personal furnace I think lol.

And Bandit.... my 17 year old gal. This is an oooollllddd pic of her. She is still spunky but has been getting skinny the past year now. Trying really hard to get some weight on this old girl.

And just had to share an old pic of goofy Stoli being.... well typical Stoli :)

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hi Stolismom,

Your cats are beautiful! I love the orange kitty and the Cornish Rex.
Bandit and Stoli look like a sweethearts too.

:luv

Judy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you :) Chablis is quite pretty but silly :) I once watched her go to hop from the coffee table to the couch....which is about a foot and a half apart, and fall inbetween them lol. She's also been known to do summersaults if something surprises her.

Everyone is a rescue with the exception of Bandit whom I was given some 17 years ago as a sweet lil kitten and my lil Chi Skyy whom I adopted 3 years ago.

The other three are foster failures... Bailey was an skinny ornery tom from amish country that I rescued about 9 years ago. I kept waiting on finding a home for him bc he just was sooo ornery. At some point he decided he adored me and vice versa, now he loves nothing more then to snuggle against me or Stoli.

Chablis was rescued from euth from a high kill shelter along with 3 others. I adopted out the other three. She needed surgery to remove her tail, it was badly broken. She was about 8 weeks old. She also had a plethora of skin issues. I held off adopting her bc she was so skiddish and afraid of the world. So weeks turned into months, months into years :) So she is my goofy neurotic bobtail now :)

Stoli was surrendered by a byb who couldn't sell him and decided that breeding was more money and work then it was worth. (I couldn't cheer on that train of thought fast enough for her haha) Considering his mother was nearly totally bald too. I took him in but decided in about 5 minutes flat he was never leaving! At about a year old his hair started falling out and the vet declared he had alopecia. I ran into his breeder shortly there after only to find out she was still breeding and didn't really care a kitten of hers was semi hairless like his mother and insisted I did something wrong to him. Whateves. People think what they want. Can't fix stupid.

Considering I had a track record of adopting out over 125 rescued felines when I was actively rescuing ... I guess my failure list isn't too terrible ;-)

Well, that my story.. ermmm.... my kids stories I should say. I'm excited to be amongst like minded people. I have been perusing the site for ideas on helping my old girl thrive.

Thanks for reading :)

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your fur babies are adorable. I enjoyed reading their stories. They are very lucky to have crossed your path. I can tell how much you love them. But I need a picture of Skyy too!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Ah, there she is, Chablis! She sounds like she went through quite a bit with you! And so has Stoli, your Devon Rex...so much you did for all of them, including all your fosters, I bet!

I, too, would like to see Skyy included here! Lots of members have other animals in their households. No reason to leave any pet member out; they're really our families in our heart! :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, there she is, Chablis! She sounds like she went through quite a bit with you! And so has Stoli, your Devon Rex...so much you did for all of them, including all your fosters, I bet!

I, too, would like to see Skyy included here! Lots of members have other animals in their households. No reason to leave any pet member out; they're really our families in our heart! :wink:
Awwwh thanks all :) I do adore all of them, and they do so much for myself and my husband... although he doesn't like to admit it.

Stoli is actually Cornish :)Like my husband lol

Skyy--- AKA Lil Girl ----sporting her little leg bandage bc she had just gotten home from a dental.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Ooh what a beautiful furry crew! That pic of Stoli and Bailey curled up together is so sweet. :)

Love their names! (clearly Bandit preceded the other three...) :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ooh what a beautiful furry crew! That pic of Stoli and Bailey curled up together is so sweet. :)

Love their names! (clearly Bandit preceded the other three...) :D
Awwh thanks :) They are pretty awesome.... but I'm a bit partial. Yes the old timer preceded everyone lol. I fully intend that little gal be with me for years more though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts