Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so I thought I'd show off my kitties! We built them an outside enclosure so they can go out during the day and they love it!! They've had it for a couple of months now!

The cat I've had the longest is Miss Destiny May. Destiny was given to me as a bride when I was younger... and it worked. She's my baby girl! She's 10 this year and I cannot believe it! She can't be 10 already! My aunt got her from her "friend" and I'm glad she did. If she wasn't given to me, hard telling where she'd be today.

Angel Marie came to me when she was a wee feral kitten. My previous cat was put to sleep for medical reasons and my mom thought I'd benefit from a kitten. Her friend has a massive colony around her house and Angel and her brothers were some of the tamer cats. I wanted Angel's mother but that wasn't possible so I picked her out. It was right around Christmas time and I wanted her to have a Christmas-y name. She's 9 this year! Wow! She's still very shy but she's definitely a Mama's girl.

Then along came Oden. Mr. Oden Parker found me one evening in late 2008. I was mowing the lawn and he started walking over to me. I approached him and he didn't run away. I was shocked as most stray cats around here take off. He was skin and bones and covered in fleas. His coat looked nice but he obviously wasn't being fed. He was already neutered and declawed on all four paws. I suspected that the owner was someone in the neighborhood but I couldn't let him go back to them. He was a mess. We're guessing him to be around 6-7 years old. His teeth are worse than my 10 year old's so we're not sure. We had him shaved a couple months ago so his hair is just now coming back in. When not shaved, Oden has really long, beautiful hair. It mats really bad though.

My latest addition is Mr. Possum Alexander. I adopted Possum from the shelter I work at in April. Animal control brought him to the shelter back October. It's a rare thing for animal control to pick up a cat but I'm glad they did! Possum was full of cat lice and in bad shape. He had an owner at one point... but they didn't care enough to come looking for him. He was already neutered and has a horrendous declaw job. His poor feet, I can't even describe them. I have to admit, it wasn't love at first sight but he grew on my quickly. It took six months to convince the rest of the family that we needed a fourth cat. He's estimated at around 12 years old. He's very laid back and THE BEST cat I've ever owned. Very lovable!

Here are Angel and Oden in the building part of their outside enclosure. There are multi levels for climbing and exercise. It's awesome!

Someone's not a huge fan of the new puppy... Okay, a lot of someones.

Hope you enjoyed my babies! I sure do!

And one of the pups for good measure. You already saw Bayleigh in the above photo. Here are Emily (APBT) and Kaiser (Dane).

·
Registered
683 Posts
What lovely babies! I LOVE Oden! What's with that beautiful nose he has? I've never seen anything like that (maybe it is some sort of condition...sorry for my nose color ignorance) but it sure looks wonderful, a freckled-nose haha....

I can see you are a great person. Welcome to the forum! :catmilk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, Oden's nose is just speckly. No condition. :) His lips are speckled too. It's so cute! One of my favorite parts about him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your babies are gorgeous! Bless you for taking in all those kitties! Angel Marie looks like she's wearing eyeliner! Gorgeous cats, all of them!

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
You've got a lot of sweet lookings cats and you rescused some of them from terrible situations, it's always nice to hear stories like that... and you've got three dogs, too! I love Emily's expression!

Welcome to the forum! :D

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
You're a good person to give a home to all those kitties who needed one. Where would they be without you?

They're all beautiful! How does the pit bull get along with the cats?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gorgeous gorgeous!

Angel looks like she's wearing eye liner, I love the outline, so pretty!

I think it's wonderful you gave homes to those who might not get one. Thank you for doing so.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
You have an incredibly beautiful animal family! Destiny is stunning, and Oden is so cute and expressive! Love your dogs too...Emily is adorable (I love Pitts!)!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're a good person to give a home to all those kitties who needed one. Where would they be without you?

They're all beautiful! How does the pit bull get along with the cats?
She's the best with the cats. The Dane cannot be with them at all. He'd love to eat them. The puppy is a puppy... She's really rough and the cats do not put up with it at all.

Does this answer it a little better?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
<3 Emily. She's just so sweet looking and that big grin of hers in the picture with the Dane is SO endearing!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the lovely comments about my children. :)

Everyone keeps saying that some of my cats might be less desirable to some people but I don't understand? They are all fantastic! Well, with the exception of Oden, he's pure evil. Maybe Possum because of his messed up ear? Angel because she came from a feral colony? Now Destiny, there's nothing undesirable about her at all! She's a purrrfect little lady.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thank you all for the lovely comments about my children. :)

Everyone keeps saying that some of my cats might be less desirable to some people but I don't understand? They are all fantastic! Well, with the exception of Oden, he's pure evil. Maybe Possum because of his messed up ear? Angel because she came from a feral colony? Now Destiny, there's nothing undesirable about her at all! She's a purrrfect little lady.
I think all your cats are beauties and so are you for being so selfless and giving to so called "undesirables". They are the ones that need loving homes the most. That is quite the zoo you have going on there. How do you manage? I can't imagine a better life then being surrounded by animals. I'd add a handful of ferrets to the mix too but I just don't have the space for it yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wish I could add a couple ferrets. I've wanted one for a long time. I won't have one in the near future anyway...

Is it horrible to say that I think Angel is the most beautiful of my cats? People come into the shelter all the time and tell me that they don't want a black or tabby cat because they are the most common and plain. Are you kidding me? Angel is stunning! Long haired cats are my favorite in general but she's just got a movie star quality about her. I <3 my babies!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts