Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I currently have two wonderful kitties and a whole bunch of other small animals. I'm pretty new to kitty ownership, only 2 years. Before that I honestly thought I was more of a dog person but then I met my Aunt's cat Rascal who I absolutely adored. A few years later when one of her cat's had kittens I brought one home to live with me; haven't looked back since.

Darcy - 2 year old DSH

Darcy was the kitten we took in from my Aunt's litter. She is a wonderful little lady who likes to live life on her own terms. She will snuggle and play with you and make all sorts of little noises to let you know she's about and wants some lovin' but only when she wants too. Heaven forbid you do anything against her will or she will shun you for hours. She always runs to the door with the dogs to meet us when we come home and flops down on the floor and rolls around until someone pets her.

Ernest - 6 month old DSH

I adopted Ernest from a local cat rescue when he was 4 months old. My Mom and I went into this room with about 15 kittens (Seemed like a lot though half of them hid under my Mom's skirt) and I really had no idea which one I should pick. Ernest decided to take the initiative and picked me. He jumped right up on my lap and just sat their purring and licking my fingers--how could I say no?

Ernest is truly the most loving and attentive cat I have ever met. He is always right with you, normally right in your face purring, licking and kneading like mad. He plays with the dogs and Darcy and has a little mouse he loves to throw around and pounce on. He is also very confident and loves to meet new people and explore.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Your kitties are beautiful and I love hearing the stories of how you got them. I think Ernest would have been impossible to turn down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
animal rescue always gets kudos from me! my friend rescued an 8 year old cat from the humane society. it's an awesome thing to give someone a chance for a new life.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Darcy is lovely, and Ernest is so stinkin' adorable!!!!! :luv

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidi n Q said:
They are both beautiful, and I love Ernest's name. The Importance of Being Earnest.
Haha, that's exactly right! I read that play for a course last year and totally loved it, thus the name. (We went to see it a Stratford too and it was amazing).

·
Registered
261 Posts
MissRachel said:
Heidi n Q said:
They are both beautiful, and I love Ernest's name. The Importance of Being Earnest.
Haha, that's exactly right! I read that play for a course last year and totally loved it, thus the name. (We went to see it a Stratford too and it was amazing).
i didnt get a chance to see the play or read the book (it was a book right?) but i did watch the movie and love it.

i love the dark lines around earnest's eyes, he reminds me of someone but i cant put my finger on it.

all your kittys are adorable!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts