Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, since I have already introduced myself, I think the next order of business is to introduce the reason I decided to join: my new sorrel Abyssinian female kitten. She was born December 15th and will be ready February 9th - the anticipation and excitement is killing me!! Here's a few pics of her sent to me by the breeder tonight:

Thanks for looking! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
That middle picture is hysterical!

·
Registered
683 Posts
OH MY I'M DYING she is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! :yikes
I've always wanted an Abyssinian kitty, but such breed doesn't exist in my country.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(YayHappens your kitties are just stunning. I love them both)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love your kitten. I have always secretly loved that breed (dont tell my tabbies). You are going to have a lifetime of fun with her, I can tell already. Congrats ahead of time on your new addition and best of luck with her!

Cinnacracker

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That middle picture is hysterical!
Heehee I love it too, she looks so helpless and awkward, I just wanna scoop her up! :razz:

The little tiny whiskers on her are making me grin like crazy. What a pretty little girl! The excitement would be killing me, too!
Thank you!! :D I love her whiskers too...c'mon February 9th!! Lol And I agree with Lenkolas, your kitties are absolute stunners!! :) I miss my Tonk...

OH MY I'M DYING she is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! :yikes
I've always wanted an Abyssinian kitty, but such breed doesn't exist in my country.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Thank you so much!! :D I'm sorry they are not in your country, but I bet you have some beautiful breeds that I couldn't find where I live ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Abyssinian are known for their intelligence and the girls are suppose to be super mousers.
Oh neat! I knew about their intelligence, but I hadn't heard about the females being super mousers - thanks for that! :)

Oh, something I find worth sharing too is that her mother and another aby mum had their kittens only a day apart - and they decided to share the same nesting box!! Both mothers care for eachothers' kittens - so each kitten gets the benefit of two mommies! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We visited a litter of kittens about 3 weeks before we would be able to take any of them home. We sat on the floor getting to know the little things and one basically picked my other half - he climbed my other half's leg and refused to move from his lap. The little "he" kitten was picked up by me 3 weeks later then 2 weeks later we realised that "he" was actually a "she" (oops!). We love her to bits and she's a complete mummy's girl - now over a year later she still comes to sleep next to me with my arm around her every single night.

Getting a new kitten is one of the most special things ever and I feel your excitement to get that gorgeous girl home!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my, I am sorry to hear your Tonk is no longer with you. I hope one day you will be able to share some stories. I don't know any Tonk people and love to hear about them. Thank you for the compliment! And to you too, Lenkolas!

I hope you keep posting pictures of your Aby as they come. Are there previous pictures too? lol. Has she got a name yet?
Thank you! I honestly don't remember him well, I was very young when my mother gave him away, sadly :( She got rid of him because he just loved to sleep on my baby sister's face, and this was just too worrisome for my slightly paranoid mum at the time, so she had him re-homed. I still wish she hadn't, he did form part of my earliest childhood memories, and from what I can recall (and according to others' reports) I was simply enamored with him. I would LOVE to get another Tonk one day though! :) Perhaps a future companion for my little Aby??

In terms of a name - I am really struggling with that one! Lol It's really tricky deciding! Any suggestions will be appreciated ;) I am not sure if there are any previous pictures now that you mention it! I'll have to ask the breeder if she took any - I SHOULD HAVE taken pics when I visited her at 2 weeks, but I was too distracted by all the cuteness around me I think :razz:

Gorgeous baby, I've always wanted one! Congrats!
Thank you!! :D

She looks like she's going to give you a run for your money :)
Heehee that's what I'm hoping for! :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Just a reminder, you can exchange breeder information via PM's (no breeder advertising allowed here).

Thanks. :grin:

·
Registered
207 Posts
oops. until now I did not even know that this breed exists. (*shame*)

I read something about their temperament. Seems like she will require lot of daily activity and affection! Good luck!

she is very cute, btw. :love2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like bambi :)
Thank you! :D

OMG she is so cute!!
May I ask you what part of Canada youre from and where you got her?
I'm from Ottawa, Ontario - and just sent you a PM ;)

oops. until now I did not even know that this breed exists. (*shame*)

I read something about their temperament. Seems like she will require lot of daily activity and affection! Good luck!

she is very cute, btw. :love2
Thank you!! :D Yes, you're right about their temperament - I'll have my hands full with that little ball of energy I'm sure! :eek:rcat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts