Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Kayla, new to catforum and mainly came here searching for advice and suggestions from others who have had similar circumstances, to share and read some great stories, and to meet people who love cats as much as I do. I just moved back home with my two cats and my mom already had four so now we have SIX cats, and one of mine just had babies, literally yesterday. It's a mess, but a good mess since we love our kitties so much. Thankfully we had three cats fixed just two weeks ago, so now only 3 more to go -_- fun, fun.

My cats are Bean and Potato, Tato for short which I had gotten in Minnesota while I was going to school there. Tato was found sleeping on a car engine under the hood. Thankfully my boyfriend's friend had heard her meowing over the sound of the engine and got her. I offered to take her in since I always had cats in NY and was lonely just moving to MN. She is now just over a year old and very difficult to describe since she's very unique looking, white, gray, black, spotted. She almost looks like a mixture between a tabby and a white cat. Bean, I adopted from a girl who claimed she had found kittens and they had no mother. I got Bean because I wanted to get Tato a friend, she was a little tiny black cat and unfortunately I don't think the girl knew what she was doing because bean was tiny and I bottle fed her for 3 more weeks after I got her. She is now 8 almost 9 months old and the poor thing got pregnant from my mom's cat stubby who is now fixed, but not soon enough :( she just had the babies though and they all seem to be doing fine but I will be posting a separate thread for advice on that.

My mom's cats are Mew Mew, who is 2 and a half years old black and white cow pattern, Greggles, who is an all black except for a white spot on her chest with 7 toes and her sister LSP or Lumps for (lumpy space princess adventure time character) is black and white and has 7 toes as well. Gregs and LSP are sisters and kittens from Mew Mew. They are 9 months old. Mew Mew is now fixed. The last cat, Stubby had shown up out of nowhere but there's no way we couldn't keep him because he is so sweet and loving and all he wants to do is cuddle. He's like a big teddy bear and he literally has chubby cheeks you can pinch he is so cute you could die. He's all black and we call him Stubby because he has really short legs and a really short tail :) It's really adorable. He is the father of the kittens that were just born from Bean.

If you actually read all of that kudos! I hope you look forward to more of my posts as I have some really great stories to share and I hope to read some great things from everyone else as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Kayla and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have your hands full. I hope you get all the cats fixed and post some pictures so we can see how beautiful/handsome they all are.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wow, you do have your hands full! Welcome to the forum! There are lots of people with so much knowledge, you've found the right place :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
That is a houseful of cats! Of course, I think of that as a good thing, haha. Good luck with the babies and the spaying/neutering... I have two kittens to get neutered, one next month and one in early January.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow Kayla, I'm in awe of your patiences and love for cats. Love their names by they way, they are all so creative and cute. Good luck with the Kittens (my mother bred dogs for a while, dealing with litters takes a whole other level of patiences!!! <3).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm from Minnesota! Where did you go to school? I adopted one of my cats at the humane society in Winona, MN while I volunteered there (and went to college in Winona). Best shelter I've ever visited and I couldn't resist taking home one of the kitties to remind me of what a wonderful place it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts