Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm 19 years old and a long time cat lover. I've had 5 cats rescued from shelters since I was a kid. I recently found three faux-feral cats living in my yard that I have been working on taming and I came here looking for advice.

Thank you for reading :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't figure out how to edit the post lol but I thought I should go a bit further into detail on my situation:

Picture description: Momma ("Gimley") with a kitty (unamed because only discovered two days ago) and Daddy ("Gandolf") in the background watching.

A month ago I noticed the Gandolf hanging around our house, so I started feeding him. Then about a week ago I noticed the orange/grey cat (in the picture) hanging around and started feeding her too. At first they were feral..

After working with her every day, she totally changed since last week and now loves to be pet! I figured out where they have been staying today and discovered this little kitten!

The mom is absolutely wonderful with the kitten and letting it nurse. The acting father (who I have been trying the longest to domesticate!) is still afraid of people but is getting better everyday. He is such a good dad! He catches and brings the mom food. It's so adorable ^_^

As soon as the kitty is ready to be weened I'm going to go and get EVERYONE fixed. We're going to build them a safe place outside to live because everyone inside is allergic to cats. I'm not going to turn them into a shelter because the adult cats will most likely be euthanized as the female is barely tame and the male is still extremely skiddish. And the kitten is too young to be taken away.

Someone dumped these cats in the middle of the desert
they are such amazing little animals. I'm so glad I was able to save them!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Awe, glad these guys found a friend in a harsh world - good for you taking them in and giving them a good home, even if it's outside. Momma and baby are adorable :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts