Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, there! My boyfriend and I just adopted our first cat last week. We've both kind of grown up with cats but never owned one ourselves on our own. She's about a year and a half old, and we got her from a girl who wanted to get a puppy rather than own a cat.

I was hoping someone may be able to tell me what breed she is. I am not overly familiar with many cat breeds. She's long haired and calico colored and just gorgeous. :) Here are a few pictures of her. (Please excuse the poor quality, as I've been using my cell phone to take pictures - except for the first one, which was taken by the girl we adopted her from.)

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
She's very beautiful and congrats on the new addition.

Unless the previous owners got her from a breeder and provided papers then she is a very attractive Domestic Long Hair and other than random guesses that is all you'll ever be able to deduce.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What a beauty! Can't believe anyone would give her up just to get a dog! ;-)
I'm no.breed expert myself, but who cares? Ha ha. I'd say she's the ” perfect” breed.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments! I was guessing she'd just be an American Long Hair. I just had someone at the grocery store ask me what kind of cat I have, since she saw I was buying cat food and litter. I just told her she was a calico, and I felt like she thought I wasn't knowledgeable in not telling her the bre\ed!

And actually, it was my boyfriend who told me there was a Navi in Zelda (he's the Zelda fan), but I named her Na'vi after the cat-like creatures in James Cameron's Avatar. :D Both are cool though!

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
She's a DLH Dilute Calico. Just like my twins, but with really long hair!

Her face reminds me of Cali.

·
Registered
828 Posts
She's a DLH Dilute Calico. Just like my twins, but with really long hair!
Domestic Long Hair Dilute Calico

That is impressive thing to say to the lady at the grocery store. Be sure to memorize that because it sounds pretty dang cool. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts