Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, there! My boyfriend and I just adopted our first cat last week. We've both kind of grown up with cats but never owned one ourselves on our own. She's about a year and a half old, and we got her from a girl who wanted to get a puppy rather than own a cat.

I was hoping someone may be able to tell me what breed she is. I am not overly familiar with many cat breeds. She's long haired and calico colored and just gorgeous. :) Here are a few pictures of her. (Please excuse the poor quality, as I've been using my cell phone to take pictures - except for the first one, which was taken by the girl we adopted her from.)

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
She's very beautiful and congrats on the new addition.

Unless the previous owners got her from a breeder and provided papers then she is a very attractive Domestic Long Hair and other than random guesses that is all you'll ever be able to deduce.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What a beauty! Can't believe anyone would give her up just to get a dog! ;-)
I'm no.breed expert myself, but who cares? Ha ha. I'd say she's the ” perfect” breed.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments! I was guessing she'd just be an American Long Hair. I just had someone at the grocery store ask me what kind of cat I have, since she saw I was buying cat food and litter. I just told her she was a calico, and I felt like she thought I wasn't knowledgeable in not telling her the bre\ed!

And actually, it was my boyfriend who told me there was a Navi in Zelda (he's the Zelda fan), but I named her Na'vi after the cat-like creatures in James Cameron's Avatar. :D Both are cool though!

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
She's a DLH Dilute Calico. Just like my twins, but with really long hair!

Her face reminds me of Cali.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts