Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I just moved in together and she brings with her 2 cats, a brother and sister. I have one small female. We tried introducing them to each other but I'm afraid we might've done it too soon. The resident cat is terrified of the two new cats and hisses at them anytime they get near.

We're starting the process all over again, hoping that they warm up to each other. Is the relatiosnhip doomed? I heard that the first meeting will set the tone for their relationship when it comes to introducing new cats. Is there hope that they'll get along?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Here's an article you may find helpful:
http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... roductions

I don't know how true it is that initial enounters set the tone for the cat relationship. My cat Punky hated Elly for the first few days, but now they're best buds and sleep and play together every day.

In fact, it would seem to me that it would be quite rare for two adult cats to immediately get along. While they may never be the best of friends, they could certainly learn to co-exist and share space without any problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the article. I sure hope that's the case. I know that it has to be super traumatic for the resident cat to see two bigger cats invade her space, but the two new cats are super sweet. They've been super patient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts