Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up my 2 foster kittens! My initial thread can be found here http://catforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=66861

Turns out they are 2 females who I've named Ruby and Lilly. They are 12 weeks, but small for their age, and Lilly is smaller than Ruby, but incredible affectionate.

Lilly is a brown/black tabby with a single orange toe, and Ruby is a grey mackerel tabby with some orange highlights.

They both are riddled with URI, and I'm cleaning their eyes often and adding a bit of ointment. They're also on some Clavamox to help them kick the infection.

They are each a bit over 2 lbs, and will be spayed when they are 3 lbs and healthy. The president of the rescue I'm fostering her through thinks she already has a home in mind, but I'm going to ask around just to make sure they find a home (hopefully together)!!

-BP :)

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
They look like they'll be beautiful kitties! :luv I hope they recover fast, start zooming everywhere with energy and are able to be adopted together.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The girls are doing well :)

I decided to take a study break and give them a nice rubdown with a washcloth. Both are a bit stinky all over (and Ruby the grey one had some gunk on her) so I got a nice wet, warm washcloth and gave them an aggressive rub down. They were in HEAVEN! Both girls rolled over for me, presented their bellies, purred and made "happy feet" into the air the whole time :luv

They already are feeling a bit better and were doing some tail-chasing and LB-playing earlier today. I am still giving Lilly (the smaller one) some supplemental baby food feedings by syringe. She's doing very well with that. They're both getting electrolytes as well.

It's amazing the high you can get simply from helping another creature.

-BP

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
aww... its so sweet seeing kittens cuddling. touching butts without realizing is the closest my cats have gotten to cuddles, lol.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys, here are some recent photos (only 6 days since I got them)!

Here is Ruby. You can tell that her right eye is still infected, so we are doing ointment 3x/day. She is super cute, very feisty, and weighed in at 2 lbs 13 oz

Miss Lilly, a total ham. She still is very sniffly/wheezy, but she always manages to purr through her cold. She absolutely loves being held, snuggled, and babied. She weighed in at 2 lbs 10 oz. She would lay like this all day if I let her.

The potential adoptive family just took in two other kittens, so these girls are back at square one :( . I'm very happy for those other rescued kittens but really hope that we can find these girls a great home together. I'm going to make up some posters to try to get the word out. It's so tough, it is so easy to get kittens these days from BYB that I think sometimes people don't want to go through the hassle of a legitimate rescue org adoption :(

-BP

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KittyLove1980 said:
Seriously these threads NEED a cuteness alert! :wink
Hehe they are so adorable!!

I added another pic to the original post... not sure why I didn't post it when I made the thread! It really shows just how yucky they really were :(

I will keep adding pics as they improve! And I will share all your compliments with them :luv

-BP

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Aww, poor little girls. I'm sure they will find great homes, hopefully a home together. It's a shame the one they had lined up fell through. At least they have you to love them and help them get better while they are waiting for someone to love them forever. :luv

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi everyone!!

Well, I had the girls 3 weeks and on May 1, they moved on to a very nice local vets office for adoption! They will be "displayed" there and hopefully will get a lot of visibility and find great homes with other pets, if not with each other.

I enjoyed my time so much with them- they are very special kitties. The rescue org who facilitated the transfer keeps in touch regularly with the vet, so I will hopefully hear when they are adopted :)

It was tough to hand them off, but I think I will rest easier knowing that I didn't have to pick their adopters, if that makes any sense. They are such great girls I know they will bring so much love wherever they end up!

For fun, here are some pics from before they left:

When the girls were healthy, I let them interact with my adult cats for brief, supervised visits. I thought it would be helpful for their development and ET and Lacey did a great job of "schooling" the girls, and it was great to watch! Here is a photo of ET giving Lilly a talking to

Another :)

Lilly's beautiful face

Thanks for all the support!! I actually have another litter of foster kittens now... but I'll save that for another post!

-BP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts