Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Blind Cat Rescue just built a new FEL/Felv house for blind cats. Simone is the first to move in!

Simone is a super nice lady who happens to be FEL+

She had been rescued from a high kill shelter by a rescue group that saves cats at the local shelters. They found that she tested positive for FEL (test positive 3 times) Having no adoption opportunites for her they were at a loss what to do with her. She is very lucky that the lady that pulled her agreed to foster her until a place could be found for her. The alternative was to be returned and euthanized and lucky for Simone, that was not acceptable to her rescuer. She is super duper friendly and loves people

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
What a beautiful lady! I bet she already feels safer and knows she'll be loved! That is so great of your organization!

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I support Blind Cat Rescue and have visited the Sanctuary. Wished I lived closer to BCR so I could be more involved.

I found BCR after rescueing 2 blind cats. We had never heard of anyone with a blind cat. It was wonderful to find what she was doing for blind cats and shes a wealth of information.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
That's wonderful, Simone is a cutie! I hope she finds a home, and barring that, she's in good hands at the rescue group.

There's three FIV & FeLV locations at the cat sanctuary I volunteer at, some of the cats in there are so lovable!

Like this one, that's a non-stop riot. Seen here playing "I'm hiding under the door mat" ... a very random moment.

She ran and somehow dived under it, then remained there rolling about while other cats tried checking out what the mass was under the rug until I lifted it off her. She'd be adopted in a flash if she didn't have FeLV.

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh my gosh! She is identical to my Mom's old siamese! Her name was Booey and she lived to be 24.

I'm glad she was saved!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts