Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...3 month old Burmese kittens. They haven't been home even 24 hours yet, and they are still pretty nervous and scared. They don't trust me yet, but I know that can take time. On the plus side, they are using the litter box, eating a little and seem to be getting a bit less freaked out as time goes on. They are in the bathroom, and sometimes I peek through the door and see them exploring while they think I am gone.

Stevie (in front) and Ray hiding in the litter box right after coming home

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
They're sweet! Be around as much as possible. Can you keep them in the same room as you and tempt them with some great canned food? Put it on your lap, and I'll bet they'll soon hop up. Just let them make the first moves. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeanie said:
They're sweet! Be around as much as possible. Can you keep them in the same room as you and tempt them with some great canned food? Put it on your lap, and I'll bet they'll soon hop up. Just let them make the first moves. Good luck! :)
They are in the bathroom. I go in there a lot and sit there and softly read out loud from a magazine. This evening I fed them some canned food and they came out and ate it while I was sitting there less than a foot away. That was major progress as they had not been out of their "spot" with me in the room before. Then they started to fall sleep while I was in there reading (see pic below). That was a first too; up until now they stayed alert while I was in the room. I'll try the food in the lap strategy soon. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Oh they look so sweet and cuddly! :D
Btw in the first pic I keep looking at it and thinking "Wow, what a big litterbox!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts