Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would introduce our oldest boy Tony. He showed up on our porch about 10 1/2 years ago. Big and very hairy. He gets a body shave once a year because his hair is very hard to manage and he gets matted. He is a bit strange, he scared of everyone except Hubby and I, any strange noises and he is gone, but he loves us and the other boys. He has no teeth, he was having trouble with his mouth and was getting a steroid shot every 5 weeks or so to help so he could eat better, the vet and I had a talk and decided to take a chance and pull all his teeth and see if that would solve the problem. It did! He is so much happier, he has no trouble eating canned, kibble and he even eats the chicken I cooked up for the boys, I just cut his pieces smaller. Well that is Tony's story, I''ll try to get Floyd and Tubbs up next.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Gorgeous and a great fluffy tail. That was interesting about his teeth. I wish I'd thought of that when I tried to adopt Tigger a couple of years ago. She had serious peridontal disease and wouldn't eat for me. She went back to the shelter and I suspect they put her down. How long has he been without them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony had his teeth removed about 4 years ago. The transformation was amazing! His mouth had really been bothering him, and although I took a chance with the drastic measure of pulling all his teeth (the vet said there was a good chance it would take care of the problem), I'm so glad I opted to do this. He instantly became a happier guy, not scared to eat, he has no trouble eating anything put down, and he doesn't have to make a vet visit every 4 or 5 weeks which really stressed him out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So glad to hear Tony is happier than ever. I had a foster that also had his teeth removed and he was a brand new kitty after! It's a relief for us when they are relieved. :) And he's so handsome to boot!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! He is handsome isn't he? That picture shows him after being shaved. He has very long hair and the vet said it is like rabbit hair, very fine, prone to matt. He was around 6 months old when he showed up here, so he's about 11 years old, he likes to make love to his bed, treads and drools, zones out, and that's everytime he gets into the bed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts