Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm George? and I have three cats: Patches, Briar, and Rin. Rin is new, and I've been trying to find some advice concerning how to handle our situation at this house. I'm going to ask here, since this is the only place I'm allowed to post at the moment, and I hope this gets the Seal of Approval soon so I can get help as quick as possible. My problem is that Rin is both miserable in the isolation room I've set up for her, and slippery as an eel. She's been escaping constantly and roaming the house. Briar's okay with her aside from some mutual hissing, but Patches runs from other cats, so Rin has started chasing her. Last time I allowed a cat to stay at my house temporarily, Patches confined herself to my bedroom, which is where she feels safest, so my question is this: would it be feasible to keep Patches isolated in my bedroom instead and do the introduction process with the roles reversed (i.e. new cat=outside the barrier, old cat=inside)? I thought if she was in my bedroom with me, it might keep her from feeling excluded from the family.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yes, I think your idea of keeping Patches in your bedroom is the right move for now. Get a clean old cloth and rub it all over the cats especially the scent glands around the mouth to mingle their scents. Do it every day, and then when you start to get them together they won't act so strange to each other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts