Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first day I put Chaos in the bathroom adjoining our bedroom, Envy sniffed at the door and I heard what I thought was my stomach growling but it turned out to be Chaos hehe. This started a five minute through-the-door growling contest between the two. I put vanilla on each of them.

I fed them on either side of the door that night and Envy ate but Chaos was so afraid of Envy he just sat on the other side and stared at her.

I switched their rooms late last night, Envy hissed where Chaos had been sleeping, and totally went berserk over his I.D. collar they had had on him at animal control. (ears back, tail poofy, hissing, spitting, growling)

This morning seems better, Chaos watches Envy through the bathroom door crack (I only had them room-switched for about ten minutes) and Envy watches Chaos. I showed Envy the I.D. collar again and she had no reaction this time. I fed them on either side of the door and they both ate happily.

At what point do I try introducing them face to face?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 5 cats and I got them all at different times. It all just dependes on the cats' temperment. I try to introduce them face to face the first day. I am of course supervising the introduction and if one of my cats becomes upset I don't force them to be in the same room. I always reasure my first kitty with lots of praise so he/she won't feel like you are replacing him/her. As soon as you see that they are more curious about eachother just let them both freely roam around eachother. But ALWAYS be close enough to stop any fighting! When the cats see that I am acting as if there was no change they begin to do the same. Hope this helps

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day 3,

I let them both into the same room to meet face to face(towels ready just in case). Envy stalks Chaos, Chaos is oblivious. Envy gets close to Chaos by creeping up behind him, Chaos turns and looks at her, Envy runs away. Chaos watches calmly as Envy stalks him, Envy gets close and slowly reaches out a paw then swats at Chaos, Chaos however had fast as lightning moved out of the way and was five feet away by then. There is minimal growling on Envy's part, and no tail poofies or ears back, hope this is a good sign. Chaos did turn the tables and stalk Envy once, all he did was sniff her though and she took off running.

Im no expert but it seems at this point they are playing, looks more like dancing though lol, one gets close, then moves away, then its the others' turn.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can't wait to introduce my new kitty, Tom, to his new big brother, Jack. I've had to keep Tom isolated in his own room, due to a mild URI, but I'm hoping to begin the introdution in a couple of days.

Wish me luck!

Lisa :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts